Chapter 11: Contract Part 1

Before I could fully answer him he got a phone call informing him that Alex was getting out of surgery and was in recovery.

I could tell he was relieved by the look on his face, he got up walking towards the door. I looked over at V and got up walking behind Eric.

He suddenly stopped and turned around causing me to run into him. He placed both his hands on my shoulders and smiled at me " where are you going?"

Where was I going?

Why did I get up and follow him without even thinking?

It's none of my business but yet I still wanted to go with him to see Alex.

It wasn't just to see her. I also wanted to go to have time alone with him . Over the last 2 years I never fully had time alone. I would be lying if I said I have never thought of Eric. He was always on my mind anytime I thought of how Alex was. My mind went right to him as well.

" I'm going with you obviously, what else would I be doing walking behind you?" taking a few steps back to give us some distance.

"Alright then. Lets go" He turned around and started walking out the door leaving it open for me to follow him out.

" i can't just leave my patients you know?" speeding up a little by his side and looking at him while i'm talking. "I adore Alex. I really do but I can't just walk away from my other patients to become a private nurse. What exactly would that include anyway" I feel like i'm talking a mile a minute trying to walk fast just to keep up with him.

" I will let you know what it includes if you are interested."

" I'm curious but like I said i can't just give up my job at the hospital either."

" I will make sure your job is safe if for any reason you would no longer be needed to be the private nurse." His voice was low and cold

If for any reason I would no longer be needed..... If I agreed to be Alex's nurse the only reason for me to go back to the hospital would be if something happened to her.

The rest of the walk to the hospital was silent. Neither of us pushed the subject anymore. I don't think I ever really thought about what would happen when Alex no longer needed me to keep her company. I have come to depend on her to keep me company as well.

Before we walked into Alex's room I pulled on Eric's arm making him stop and glace over at me raising his eyebrow.

" Yes?"

" We still need to talk I want to know what you would expect of me"

" So you're thinking about it then?"

"If i wasn't would I be asking you?" My mouth always got me in trouble but it's hard to keep it shut when I'm around him. Being around him makes something inside me stir making me feel

"Of course"

Her surgery went well, no complications, they went over post op cleaning, how to clean the sight and how to do feedings. Alex seems to be handing it well. She is smiling and making jokes already which is a good sign. I feel like Eric was more worried.

Who wants me around more Alex or Eric? I'm lost deep in thought and soon enough the room around me is quite and it's just me and Alex.

" So did my brother ask you already?"

"Ask me about being your nurse, yes he did"

" So? Would you?" she is giving me her best puppy dog eyes

"I'm thinking about it Alex I just need some time to figure things out, but good puppy dog eyes got me for a second" laughing at each other Eric walks back in and hands me a big brown envelope. Before I could even ask what it was-

"It's a contract for the nurse position before you say anything or make a decision just look over the paperwork and call me if you have questions my number is on the front page."

Later when I arrived home I sat the contract down on the counter and walked into my room to put on some pjs trying to get back into relaxation mode. Vera was already taking the contract out of the envelope looking it over.

" Oh my GOD! Kat this is a crazy amount of money to be her nurse." Walking over to her and looking over her shoulder trying to figure out why she is overreacting. Annually I make around 100k per year. Another reason I wanted this job is because it paid well I already paid off all my student loans.

"Wait, is that monthly or weekly!" Yeah she's totally right this amount is insane.

" Kat its weekly so in month its basically double of what you make now"

" Well I guess for people like him 12k a month isn't a big deal" I look over the front page and get text the number waiting for him to reply.

" What's the catch?"