Chapter 27: Stella

Emma's baby is absolutely adorable. She's just two months old but Emma came back to work ealy. I text her back to let her know the address and asked if she can drop her off at 6 because it's a 30 minute drive to the hospital from the erics.

Its 550 and I keep checking the time " Are you sure it's okay?" This is like my tenth time asking Eric if he's really okay with the baby coming over for the night and Vera staying over to get used to having a baby around.

"Yes im sure its not a problem" he's sitting on the couch drinking a beer with Jack. Those two have gotten really close. If I wasn't the one in his bed at night I would swear they had a bromance thing going on.

I heard a knock at the door and I went to answer it but V beat me to it. She's just as happy to see Emma and the baby as I am.

"Thank you guys so much I owe you big time" Emma's short brown hair is pulled back and her hazel eyes are just as pretty as always. I walk over to her and she hands me the baby carrier and diaper bag while she brings in the snuggle nest so the baby will be safe in bed with us.

I walked back into the living room and placed the carrier down on the floor and bent over taking the blanket off.

" She looks so much like Robbert" I can't hide my laughter. She's a small little thing with jet black hair on the top of her head, her eyes are closed and she is suckikg on her binky.

Vera comes over and her arms are ready to get the baby out of the car seat when Stella cries out stopping her in her tracks.

" Don't tell me you're afraid of a little crying" I pick Stella up and hand her to V. " alright start training because here soon you will have one" Vera takes Stella in her arms awkwardly and sits down beside jake.

Emma is standing by the door as I walk over to her she smiles at me "thank you really" she pulls me in for a hug

" don't worry about it, you know i'm great with babies. If I can change a breathing tube on a two day old baby weighing less than a pound I'm sure your baby will make it through the night. " I smile at her trying to make her worry less. I did my fair share on the NICU and it used to be my favorite place to work.

" I know you trained me how to do it remember" she put her elbow into my side "Alright I will see you in the morning"

Walking back to the living room I can hear Stella crying. Vera is sitting on the couch trying to rock her but it's not helping Stella cries even louder.

Vera's eyes meet mine and she jumps up and starts walking towards me. I put my hand out in front of me and sat down beside Eric who was eyeing the baby.

"Come on Kat please" she awkwardly tries to rock Stella to sooth her but its not helping.

" V your pregnant relax plus babies can sense stress the more you stress the more she will cry." I cuddle into Eric's chest and relax as he wraps his arm around my waist letting his hand relax on my stomach.

" I know but it's like she hates me. She won't stop" she looks really flustered. I tap Eric's hand and he lets go. I get up and take my hoodie off leaving me in a low cut shirt as I reach out and take stella out of her arms.

Stella almost instantly stops crying as I bring her closer to my chest. Vera put her hands on her hips and crinkled up her nose.

" See she hates me" I laugh and sit back down leaning into Erics chest this time he puts his arm over my chest patting Stella's back.

" She doesn't hate you, this is her first time meeting you. I have been around Stella a lot. Plus can I tell you something"

Jake puts his arm over her stomach and she giggles. "What?"