Chapter 12: Eric POV Contract Part 2

"What's the catch"

Smiling down at my phone it really didn't take her long to text me.

" Have you read over the whole contract yet?

" So far just the front page. Are you aware of how much I make at the hospital?

" I can tell you do well for yourself you live in a great area and have a nice apartment." Which is true, her apartment is very nice. I was kind of shocked. " It's also the same amount I paid for her past nurse"

I'm just curious as to how she will react to what's on page 3. Almost everything in the contract benefits her. Almost. I did change it up a little. The pay and benefits stayed the same but her having to stay on the premises with us is something I didn't require of the other nurses.

Seeing how it's already been half an hour I would say she has already gone over it all. Maybe she decided not to?

Alex can come home tomorrow. I would rather go home then go back to the penthouse. We have been at the penthouse for so long just due to the fact that it's closer to the hospital and safer for her if something were to happen.

If Katrina were to agree and sign the contract I would feel more at ease moving back to the house. I'm sure Alex would want that too. A text message came through my phone bringing me out of my deep thought.

" You have two addresses on this contract which one would I be staying at?" She hasn't comprehended that she will be staying at whichever one we are at.

"You will be staying with us full time."

*ring ring*

" Yes Katrina? I make my way out of the room so I don't wake Alex.

"So it's a live in type of situation then? Why two different addresses?" I can almost hear the annoyance in her voice

"One is for the penthouse that we have been staying at so we are close to the hospital if anything like last week were to happen. The other is to my house which is about thirty minutes away but still too far away for my liking. I felt more comptable living less then a few minutes away"

"Okay that makes sense. So which will we be staying at then? You trust me enough to have me take care of Alex while you are attending to your business."

" I would-" She cut me off mid sentence

"Also I don't see any time off or holidays listed in the contract. So am I like a 24/hour maid? I couldn't help but laugh. She is acting different these last few days don't get me wrong I like it. She has more fire to her.

" No you are not a live-in maid . Although we do have one I will introduce you to her at a later date. You should turn to page 5. You have weekends free unless you notice she is having any difficulties with her health. I work 9-5 5 days a week while I'm at work. I just want to make sure she is watched after. She's almost 16 so you don't have to babysit her. She enjoys having her own space and friends over but I would want you to make sure she's keeping up on her medication and now keeping an eye on her g tube. Unless something like last week happens again you are more of a safety net. Having you around will put less stress and worry on me and it benefits Alex because she will have someone to keep her company."

Boy that was a mouth full

"As for holidays you are free to do as you wish "

"When would I start? I would still need to talk to the hospital and work out my two weeks"

" I have already taken it upon myself to speak to the high ups and explain to them what is going on and they have agreed to give you unpaid leave your job is safe. If you decide to move forward you are not required to work out the last two weeks you are able to come work for me when Alex is released you still have 2 days remaining in your vacation I would give you that time to pack and get moved in."

"My job is safe? As in if for any reason I no longer want to work for you I still have my job at Boston childrens?"

"Yes"

"So I have 2 days to pack? Do you have room at the penthouse?

"We will not be going back to the penthouse. With you coming to stay with us I am comfortable with going back to the main house. How long would you need to be packed? Also you do not need to wear a uniform normal clothes are just fine"

" I really only need clothes and my personal necessities right? So I can be ready by the time Alex is cleared to go home"

"Alright then. We will pick you up tomorrow at 9am"