Chapter 29: Denial

No

I can't be pregnant. It's too early.

"Kat" His voice is soft and the way he's touching me makes me want to cry. He gently turns me around and hugs me.

"it's going to be okay. Let's go talk about this" He takes my hand and leads me into the room and sits on the bed.

" it's so early."

"Yes its early." He wraps his arms around my waist .

"What..are we going to do." Inside i'm panicking but I try to remain calm

" I'm all in kat. What do you want to do?" He runs his fingers through my hair and I lean my head against his chest.

"It's a baby Eric.. what do you mean what do I want to do." I honestly can't believe this

" So you want to keep it?" he kisses my neck

I'm stunned that he just asked that. Yes we haven't been together long at all and it was a complete accident but I would never think about termination. I turn around to look at his face.

"A baby is a blessing." I smile slightly

"Whether it's planned or not it's a gift from the heavens" Eric smiles back at me as he stands up and bends down in front of me and kisses my flat stomach.

"I love you Kat" he doesn't look up as he just continues to kiss my stomach.

"Whats going on?" I look up to see Alex standing in the doorway. As soon as she sees Eric in between my legs and his lips leaving my stomach as he looks up at her she bolts the other way.

I can't help but laugh.

"Where do you think she's going?" Eric brings his face closer to mine still in between my legs.

" where do you think? I bet to Vera"

We made our way down to the kitchen . Nitta is setting up the table she looks up and sees Eric pull me in for a kiss I blush and turn away as she smiles at me

"It's about time" she pulls me into a hug and Ben smiles at me from beside the stove.

"Do you know when grandpa will be back?" Eric sits at the table as the rest of the group come in finding their spots. Alex and Vera are whispering to each other and smiling at me.

"Two weeks he wants to be with Anna after she has the baby to help with around the house" Nitta sits the plates in front of us and I dig in.

I stop eating when I hear V scoot her chair out fast and see her making a run for the bathroom. I look over at Eric and Jake and stand up following after V.

" V? You okay?" I walk in closing the door behind me.

Her head is in the toilet as she flushes it mid puke. I see her hair about to fall off her shoulders and I grab it and bring it into a ponytail and start patting her back.

"This doesn't make you sick?" She looks at me and wipes her mouth off with a rag.

"No should it? I see it all the time at the hospital" its true vomit is not the only body fluid I have gotten on me while working at the hospital.

"Alex told me what she saw" she sits down and holds her stomach fitting back the urge to vomit again.

"It was faint" I can't deny that it was positive.

" so you are?"

" it's still early but the test was positive"

" you don't feel sick?"

We make our way back to the kitchen. I'm a little worried to talk about it in front of Nita and Ben but they will eventually find out.

"No I don't. Maybe it's still too early?" I sit back down and take a drink of water.

"Lucky" she mumbles as she plays with her food on her plate.

"Why are you lucky dear?" Nitta fills my water back up but I'm a little too shocked to answer her so I look over at Eric who has also stopped eating. We look at each other for a second before he nodes his head.

"i'm pregnant and the morning sickness is terrible. "Vera puts her fork down and takes a drink of water.

"Congratulations dear I heard it's a wonderful experience" Nita walks around the table and sits down.

Eric looks at me and I shake my head and go back to eating.