Chapter 17 : I Didn't Say Stop.

I was a jerk.

Eric was being sweet and the way he hugged me felt so natural for us. His heart was going crazy. I could feel every beat against my back.

I don't know what this feeling is growing inside me but a part of me hates myself for pushing him away and coming up here.

After I took a shower I slipped on some a pair of black lacy panties and an oversized t-shirt and walked out onto the balcony sitting down.

A knock on my door made me jump. I have no clue how long I was zoned out for. I opened the door slowly knowing who the only other person awake at this time of night was.

"Eric"

I'm honestly glad he's here a few minutes later and I would have been the one knocking on his door. Opening the door all the way and motioning at him to come in I walked back onto the balcony.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted. I don't like mentioning my birthday nor do I celebrate it. It's not a happy day for me" I wrapped my hands around my chest almost as if i'm holding myself together.

I don't like looking weak. After everything that happened I wanted someone to talk to but my own father couldn't even stand to look at me let alone talk to me. I don't talk about my past because I'm afraid if I do all my feelings the past 11 years will hit me at once.

" You know my mother's motto for every time she beat cancer was * Life doesn't allow you to be weak*. ' My voice cracked, the lump in my throat started to grow bigger and my eyes burned.

He walked up behind me and ran his hand down my back. My skin felt like it was on fire under his touch.

"Like this tattoo on your back? His voice is low and calming tone as he puts his hands on my exposed arms and rubs them, " your freezing we should go inside"

I turned around and raised my eyebrow at him.

"Relax I wasn't trying anything I really think we should go inside it's cold out" He ran his fingers through his wet hair.

" Your cold too aren't you? Your hair is wet you just got out of the shower as well" I smiled and laughed a little and grabbed his hand and walked back inside leading us to my bed.

"Now look who's trying to make a move, you're practically luring me into your bed" He sat down beside me "You know its okay to not be okay. Everyone needs someone to lean on"

I can't help but look into his eyes. My body moved on its own. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him into a hug. His body was tense but soon relaxed hugging me back.

"I'm still not going to cry but being in your arms feels right can we just stay like this for a little while?" I pulled away a little to look at his face.

"Of course..but can we move a little?" Before I could even ask how he picked me up and laid me down on the bed and crawled behind me pulling the blankets up he wrapped his arms around me so I was laying on one of his arms with the other around my waist.

"Is this okay? He nuzzled his face in the crook on my neck, his breath warm on my skin. I didn't say anything. I just shook my head and moved back a little to get closer to him.

"Stop wiggling your ass on me before you make me ruin this nice moment" He gripped his hand on my hip keeping my body in place.

"I was just trying to get closer to you" I'm sure my ears and cheeks are red by now. I knew exactly what I was doing.

"If you want to get closer we could always ditch these clothes" I can feel his smirk against my neck. His fingers traced the hem of my shirt.

"I admitted to liking being in your arms not to you being inside me so keep your body parts to yourself" I lightly tap his hand that was slowly moving my shirt up.