Chapter 25: Baby Fever

I hate this feeling. I grab my chest and try to breathe in and out. I sit on the closed toilet and put my head in between my legs and take deep breaths and begin counting.

1,2,3.. my chest gets tighter. 4,5 my ears are ringing and my vision gets blurry.

" Don't look at me like that Eric. I know her better than anyone and right now I'm the only one who can help calm here down now move" the door opens and Vera stands in front of me.

My leg ls are weak and I can hardly catch my breath but I stand and fall into her arms. She is hugging me tightly as her hands stroke my back and she begins humming the only song that can calm me down.

I don't know how she does it but she's the only person who can calm me down during my anxiety attacks. This tune is the same my mother would always sing.

My hands fall down at my sides and I touch her belly. It's flat now but soon it won't be. I smacked her hand away. I hit her when she was pregnant and she still came in here to help me.

"Im sorry I smacked your hand away I didn't mean to" my breathing is back to normal and my chest feels lighter than before.

" Kat I shouldn't have touched you out of nowhere" Vera still has me wrapped in a tight hug but she soon releases me and smiles at me " plus a little hand smach is nothing compared to the pounding I got from jake last night"

I lightly push her away unable to hide my laughter. I let my eyes fall on Eric who is standing in the doorway with his back against the door watching everything unfold.

" i have to admit I wish jake would take me as hard as Eric did to you in the shower"

I can feel my cheeks getting red and I glance over at Eric who has a mischievous smile on his face.

" I gave you a whole box of condoms and they aren't open" V slaps my arm and points over at Eric who's still grinning

" Keep it up that way and soon you two will have one of these" she pointed to her flat stomach. "If you haven't knocked her up already that is "

My smile fades away and I glare at her for even making the joke but she still smiles at me and taps my forehead with her hand

"Tag your it" she giggles and runs out as fast as she can and I'm left standing in the bathroom dumbfounded.

" take your tag back I don't want it" I screamed at her playfully

Eric raised his eyebrow up as he reached out his hand for me to grab. Without a second to think my hand falls into his and he pulls me into a hug.

" why does she keep tagging you?" Oh god of course he caught onto that. I got out of his hug and shook my head walking to the living room. Alex is sitting on the couch and she smiles when she sees me.I take a seat beside her and look over her leg.

"Dont worry im all patched up" smiling from ear to ear as she hugs me.

" Just so you know I totally called you and my brother becoming a thing. I also told him I wanted a niece or nephew but I didn't think he would start on that so soon but i'm all for it" Eric sits beside me on the couch and laughs pulling me closer to him.

" What is up with all of you trying to hijack my uterus? I'm not pregnant so stop wishing it upon me" I fold my arms over my chest and glare at Vera who is sitting on Jake's lap at the other end of the couch. Her face goes from a smile to a frown in a second.

" you guys didn't have sex on the couch last night did you?" Is this girl for real?

"Really V keep your word vomit to yourself. No we didn't, you guys were asleep and you guys could wake up at any time. " the irritation is clean in my voice.

" Well you didn't seem to mind in the shower" my head snaps back to the person responsible for these words.

"Alex. Watch your mouth don't let V corrupt you" im teasing her but she takes the opportunity to do it right back.

" Oh no the only ones corrupting me are you and my brother with how loud you two are"

Shit I like her even more now. I can't help the smile growing on my lips

" Oh girl you fit right into our little family" vera teases from the other side of the couch.

" You're no better. I could practically hear every single moment last night. I don't know how I got any sleep." Alex laughs and Veras cheeks turn pink.

" it's hard isn't it? Its been that way for the last 4 years" laughing I feel eric kiss my neck and pull me closer to him.

This feels right. All of us being together.

" So why does Vera keep tagging you?" Of course he wouldn't drop it.

" We would alway tag each other during our periods making jokes like tag your next plus it will be boring going through this pregnancy alone"

"Not funny V stop making it a joke." Im instinaly irritated again. How can she just casually make a joke like that she's going to scare Eric away.

" Hey for all we know my little one could have a best friend growing rapidly inside that comfy little uterus of yous" with one hand she rubs her belly and with the other she points to my stomach.

" Stop trying to hijack it. It's empty and loving it right now" I make an x over my torso and Eric cracks up laughing beside me.

I glare at him and he stops laughing but his smile remains. He pulled me closer to him and kissed my neck.

" I have been head over heels in lo...liking you for the last five years. I would be lucky to have a woman like you be the mother of my child "

He was about to say love. Everyone caught that they are staring at us. My heart beats fast and my stomach is in knots.

"Don't get all caught up in baby fever on me Eric it's not happening"

"I can't help it. I love babies' ' I freeze beside him shocked he really just admitted that he has baby fever.

No this can't happen.

I'm not pregnant and I don't want to be.