Chapter XI: Serendipity

1 day ago before the flight...

**************************

Jansen Peter Evangelista

Nobody knew how much I hated introducing myself but I don't have a choice, do I? I'm Jansen Peter Evangelista. A chaebol heir, our family runs the biggest cosmetic company in South Korea, that's where the main branch is located. I don't get it either, I'm just half-South Korean and half Filipino but our business is in that certain country. I'll just get to the point, tomorrow is my flight on my way back to the Philippines to finish something.

My granny is such a pain in the ass, she's asking me to do something for her because she can't do it herself. Well all I have to do is simple, break a girl's heart. My dearest target is someone named Wynter Jesslyn Lim, daughter of a famous writer and her eldest brother owns the biggest publishing company all across the globe. Her beauty is actually jaw dropping, I don't understand granny's reason at all.

She just told me to do what she asked me to do but breaking a girl's heart is not my thing so I'm frustrated, how the hell am I gonna do something ridiculous? If she's thinking that I love seeing a girl cry then she's totally wrong. I'm rejecting these girls because I'm not ready for a relationship yet, I just wanted to feel free and have zero stress. Being in a relationship with a girl is like selling your soul to a devil, you have to worship them in order to avoid any problems.

That girl, Wynter. I don't know how to begin describing her looks but I can't break her heart, I'm just a spoiled ill-mannered brat. I'll just pretend that I'm doing what granny wants even though I really don't know how to start, how can I make a girl fall for me? These girls here in Canada are all basic and plain. I'm not even moving or doing anything, they just simply fall for me instantly.

I was born in South Korea but my mother is a Filipina, she married my father who's a citizen in South Korea. My real name is Seo Woo-Jin but I'm always using my other name because it was given by my mother. I've been living with my granny ever since I was just five or six years old, perhaps? My parents are both busy with our family business. No one will look after me so they left me here, they'll visit here sometimes and stay for a few days.

Granny was a retired professor, once a upon a time she used to teach countless students here in Canada. Aside from her job, she's also married to my grandfather who's a citizen here. That's how got her permanent residency here but I think she still has her old passport although she never went back to the Philippines after her marriage. And of course, we can speak tagalog fluently. I studied that language because that's what my mom wants, it's also for my benefit though.

"Peter? Apo? Are you here?". Granny called me again. This is the fourty-fourth time, what is it this time? I'm trying to rest because tomorrow will surely be a long flight. I wasn't planning on answering her this time but she kept on knocking at my door like it was nothing, she's already in her 70's but I doubt if that's her real age.

Tumayo ako mula sa kinauupuan ko at lumakad patungo sa pintuan, pag bukas ko ng pintuan ay nandoon siya habang naka ngiti ng malawak sa'kin. She barged in my room without any hesitation, well that's granny after all. Stopping her is useless, she'll just threw a fit at me.

"For the fourth-fourth time granny, what is it? Did you catch a bee this time?". I asked in a dead tone. She chuckled, I think she's looking for something but how the hell can she find it in my room? Her things are all on their bedroom, whatever is in here is just all mine.