Honeymoon escapade

Tommy Lee

I glance over at the woman who is now my wife. Thats hard for me to believe. I love her, I truly do, but at the same time, somethings happening with me and Nikki.

I don't know why I kissed him right before the wedding. I've always been painfully head over heels for him. He never felt the same way though, so I moved on. There was Elaine, and now there's Heather.

Speaking of which, she's laying next to me in bed. We just had fantastic sex. I did try to be more careful, with the baby and everything. I can't wait to be a dad, I really can't. But I've started to realize that I still love Nikki.

I can never be with him. Being a homosexual isn't widely accepted. And that isn't our image either, we're known for being ladies men.

But sometimes, I just want to hold Nikki, and kiss him into the night, our hands entangled in each others hair. And other times I want to fuck him so hard that cum hits the ceiling. Or vice versa.

I look over at Heather, who's asleep on her stomach beside me. Her fluffy blonde hair spills out from her head. A pang of guilt hits me for thinking those thoughts.

I shouldn't be thinking about my best friend like that. Especially not with a beautiful wife, and an amazing kid on the way.

Something else is nagging at my mind. Nikki was so high at my wedding that he crashed into a table. That only adds to my worries about him. I'm worried he's taking it too far.

I sip my Hawaiian beer. It's basically beer with hawaiian print. Maybe I should call him. I'm not exactly sure of the time difference between California and Hawaii, but it should be okay.

I pick up the phone on the night table and dial his number.

"Whoo the fuck is this?" Nikki asks, sounding completely trashed out of his mind. Like usual.

"Nik, it's me. Tommy." I say, hoping that at least some part of him is still functioning.

"Ohhhh...heyyyyy." He drawls, sounding like he's gonna pass out drunk or high any minute.

"Sixx are you okay?" I ask, taking another sip of my beer and cradling my phone in between my shoulder and ear. I swing my legs off the bed, pulling myself into a sitting position.

"Mmhm." Nikki mumbles.

"Sixx...." I start, feeling like he's not telling me the entire truth. I can hear him whimper, or at least I think it's a whimper. Phone quality isn't the best.

"Hey...T?" He says after a few seconds.

"Yeah Nik?" I say, sloshing the beer in the bottle.

"You know, I metthis- this- met this chick." He slurs.

My heart breaks in two at that statement. Nikki met a girl? Well now it's basically confirmed that he probably wants nothing to do with me. Damn.

"Oh yeah?" I ask, trying not to sound too hurt. Tears are starting to prick at my eyes however.

"Yeah she's got almost poisonous lips. And mmmmmhrhghgh eyessss." He says.

"Ummmmmmm. Okay whats her name?" I ask.

"Heroin!" He crows, then bursting into maniacal laughter.

I hate to admit it, but my heart seems to sew itself back together, thoughts slowly coming back from the hell where they had migrated to.

We talk for another few moments, and he becomes more and more incoherent. I'm about to hang up when my blood runs cold.

"AUGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!" He shrieks.

"Nikki!" I whisper-yell, because Heather's still asleep.

He doesn't answer, but I can hear screaming in the background. Theres sounds of glass breaking.

"GET OUT!!! FUCK YOU!!! FUCK YOU DUMBASSES!!!!" Nikki yells, sounding terrified.

Oh god did his house just get broken into?

"FUCKING MIDGETS!" He yells, his voice straining. He's moved away from the phone because all his screaming is in the background.

"Nikki?" I ask, because now it's just garbled cries. I can barely hear what sounds like a gunshot.

"NIKKI!" I yell.

Heather stirs beside me. I can feel her bump into me but I don't turn to look at her.

"God Tommy it's late!" She exclaims sleepily.

"Heather, I'm talking with Nikki. I think someone broke into his house." I explain, reaching back for her hand. She takes it, and I continue to listen to my best friends psycho screaming.

"GET. OUT. OF. MY. HEADDDD!" Nikki wails.

Then the phone goes dead. Nothing but buzzing.

"Nikki? NIK? NIKKI!"