Chapter 6 - Sweet

Flavour after flavour ran along the cool counter, glass restraining customers from taking a quick taste. Taster after each you contemplated flavour as the teen who manned the register looked dully at your sparkling eyes.

"What do you think I should get?"

"Would it matter what I suggest? You surely would ignore it,"

"Mr Laufeyson, you know me too well," You chuckle, deciding on a flavour finally as Loki did his best to cool down his burning cheeks. "Want anything?"

"No thank you,"

"Suit yourself," sitting down in a booth with your choice you started to happily eat away. Across from you, Loki let his smile widen, a spoon appearing his hand, scooping some ice cream from you. "Hey!"

"Yes?" He kept his stare on you as he ate the spoonful.

"That was my ice cream, asshole,"

"Such foul language," He tuts, taking another spoonful.

"Loki! If you want ice cream go order your own!"

"Oh, but annoying you is so much more fun," furrowing your brows with a scowl you take away the treat and place it close to you. "I'm glad you want me closer," Loki suddenly appears next to you, taking another spoonful with a smirk.

"You are unbelievable!" covering your blush up from the proximity, you crawl under the table and pop up on the other side.

"You flatter me, now shall we go before Lady Natasha loads up another round of bullets?"

"Aw, but I want to watch you get shot,"

"Hilarious,"

~~~

"So what was it you were seeking for the spiderling?"

"A comic,"

"What does it look like?" Fiddling on your phone you showed him the cover.

"Doesn't matter, I won't be able to get it for him," you sigh, and walk passed the comic book store yet again. "He's going to be so disappointed," teeth picking at the skin of your lips you stare directly at the comic.

"Hopefully he can manage without such a silly picture book,"

"Don't let him hear you say that," walking along the side walk and back to the tower, Loki duplicated, leaving you with a clone and he himself appearing in the darkened store.

~~~

"Got your ice cream, Tash!"

"And to think one of you ended up dead," the assassin smirks.

"If he stole another scoop of my ice cream he might have," You glare at Loki playfully.

"Test a god and see what happens," He hums before walking off down the hall, your eyes trailing after him.

"Might as well take a photo,"

"Shut your mouth, Romanoff,"

~~~

"Happy birthday to you!" smoke swirled in the air after its light was put out. In no time cake was handed out and eaten, your nerves picking up by every second. Peter loved every gift he was given, from new socks to a smart watch.

"Hey, Y/n? Where's your gift?" Peter looked up to your with those pure chocolate puppy dog eyes.

"About that-"

"Here you are, spiderling, Lady Y/n forgot it in the lounge," Loki handed over a blue and red striped gift, a spider bow to top it off.

"What-" Wrapping paper fell to the floor as the gift was revealed. The comic Peter had wanted was perfectly sitting in mint condition.

"Thank you, N/n!" Peter tackles you to the ground

"Y-you're welcome, Pete," hugging him back tight you saw a soft smile grace Loki's lips.

~~~

"Why?"

"You may want to be more specific," Loki muttered from behind his books, drowning out the chaos of the Avengers Conga line.

"The comic, why did you get it?"

"Wouldn't want to disappoint the child, now would we?" abruptly standing up, Loki walked away only to feel arms wrap around his waist. You had slid in front of him and given him a hug... an odd feeling he definitely hardly had received.

"Thank you, Loki,"

"You are welcome, Lady Y/n," He mumbles before returning the hug. When you let go he missed the contact, enjoying the hug more than he would admit.

"Are you sure you don't want to join?" Nodding to the group who played musical chairs as of now, Loki politely declined.

"I would rather not, but I thank you for the offer, enjoy it on my behalf," his lips meet your knuckles, leaving you gobsmacked as he left until Wanda pulled you into the game.

~~~

Short ass chapter but a cute one? Hopefully?

- Anna ❤️