Chapter 9 - Marco! Polo~

Loki entered the water slowly, taking his time to adjust to the temperature. Your mouth kept agape only to close when Pietro landed sand in it.

Spitting it out kick him in the shins. "Stop throwing sand everywhere!"

"Damn you woman!" He whimpers and rests in the small tide pool.

"You're welcome," taking the sea shells that Peter had collected you placed them around the fort and smiled at the work. "High five, Parker,"

"Water time?" Peter looks to you hopefully, a challenge in his eyes.

"Last one in the water lets the other use their gear for a day,"

"Deal!" Peter sprints off.

"Hey!" Running after him at full speed you push him out of the way, reaching the water and diving in when it was deep enough.

"Come on! No fair!"

"Sore loser," you snicker once at the surface. "Can't wait to try instant kill mode,"

"I thought I restricted that?" Tony glares to Peter.

"About that..." You swam backwards away as Peter and Tony argued, bumping right into the soldiers.

"Greetings, kind sir,"

Bucky looked down at your floating figure. "Need a push?"

"I can hang here for a second," You flip over to face them properly. "Anything interesting happening in your love lives?"

"Nope," They say in unison causing you to boo them.

"What about you, doll? Anyone catch your eye?"

"You know how hopeless and sad my love life is, Buck, are you trying to rub it in my face?"

"Can't be any worse than Steve's," Sam coughs.

"Hey!" As the two argued you swam away towards the others who were all in conversation.

"There she is," Clint held back a snicker. "How does the sand feel? Oh wait, you're too short!"

"I am not short! I am the average height!"

"Mhm... sure," glaring at the girls who just laughed, you swam away to Thor and Loki.

"Thor, bend down,"

"P-pardon?" Thor stutters.

"Bend down so I can get on your shoulders, Clint called me short," Thor did as asked holding onto your hands as you stood on his shoulders. "Onwards, blondie," Loki watched in amusement as Thor trudged to Clint. "Who's short now, Barton?"

"Still you!" The Hawk teases.

"Why you-" miscalculating your balance you slip backwards, ready to hit the water with a painful smack when-

"Careful," Loki smirked down at your bundled figure.

"T-thanks," you've never been so close to Loki before... god were those eyes gorgeous...

"Hey, lovebirds, keep it PG," Wanda teases.

"We aren't- I wasn't- Wanda!" You stumble out his arms and glared at the witch who snickered.

~~~

Blindfold Marco Polo. Truly an exhilarating game. With everyone moving around in the water, not one person able to see, disaster was bound to happen!

"Marco!" Steve called out.

"Polo!" Each person replied. Giggles erupted as Steve's splashes were heard. Swimming backwards, you listened out for anyone, a few laughs giving away positions of other players.

"Marco!"

"Polo!" they repeated as Steve splashed around to catch the nearest person, swimming further from you.

"Marco!" Chuckling and moving back again you bump right into someone.

"Polo~" the british accent sent chills. Despite it being against the rules you took off your blindfold to see Loki standing behind you, peaking under his own. "Cheating, are we?"

"You're doing it too, Lokes," Placing the blindfold back on your eyes you hear the next shout.

"Marco!"

"Polo!" You call out, hearing Loki follow you.

"What's the fun in playing by the rules?" his hot breath dances along your skin. Heart beat pounding in your ear, you could feel him wrap his arms around your waist. "Don't think I don't see the way you look at me, Darling,"

"What are you-" Your voice came out hoarse as his bare chest rubbed against your back.

Trying your best to calm your nerves you hear him whisper in your ears again. "From your former taste in men, I think I suit your so called type,"

"Marco!"

"P-polo!" You reply as best you could. "S-so what?" You snarl, hearing Steve crash into the water and evidently catch Clint.

"Clint is it!" Everyone scatters, Loki pulls you closer, appearing you further from the archer.

"So I am your type?"

"I'm not saying shit," You scoff, moving away from the crashing water.

"Tsk tsk, foul language shouldn't come out of your mouth,"

"Bite me, horns,"

"Is that what you want?" his hand pushes away your hair, the breeze sending goosebumps across the exposed skin. "I would happily do so if you allow me,"

"I-"

"Is that a no? Because if it is I'll back away and leave you alone," You trembling fingers clutch onto his cold hands under the water. "Or is it a yes?"

"Y-"

"Marco!"

"Polo!" You suddenly exclaim, Clint tackles you into the water which caused you to groan. Loki evidently gone from behind.

"Y/n is it!"

Huffing in anger you start to play the game, unable to shake off Loki's gaze you could feel bury itself into your back, the feelings of his hands around your waist and breath against your neck.

~~~

If you know me irl and are reading this- I'm sorry

- Anna ❤️