Chapter 22 - Moving on

"Hi, can I get a chocolate milkshake?"

It had been a month and you were finally convinced to leave the tower and receive direct sunlight. First stop was good old Hot topic, checking in on Adrian to see how he and George were going. Adrian confirmed they were the perfect match which kind of chipped at your heart but you ignored it.

After that was a small stroll through Times Square, admiring the lights and acts that graced the streets. But that brought you here, to a small café.

"Will that be it?" the handsome young man asked from behind the counter.

"Yup, thanks," You stare at his deep blue gaze and curled black locks.

"That will be $5," As you paid the man brought up a blush in your cheeks. "I love your outfit,"

"T-thanks, I like yours too," you chuckle and point to the apron and white coffee stained shirt he wore making him roll his eyes.

"I'm flattered," he muses before handing you your receipt. "A little forward... but did you want to have a drink with me? I get off in a few minutes, I'll even bring you your milkshake,"

"That sounds nice," You smile softly before walking to a small table in the corner of the café.

~~~

Weeks turned to months and Loki was bombarded with duties and admirers. None of which he took interest in anymore. The power Odin had decided to pass onto him no longer excited him, gave him the same feeling he would have previously felt.

Frigga, being the great mother she is, took notice instantly. One evening while Loki sat in the royal library with a cup of tea and a book in his hand as usual, Frigga entered.

Loki stood up and greeted her. "Mother,"

"What troubles you, my son?" She pats his cheek before inviting him to settle back down. Her soft gaze wondered along his furrowed expression.

"Nothing troubles me, Mother, why do you suspect such a thing?"

"Loki, I am your mother, I know when my son ponders too deep in his woes," she smiles softly. "Is this to do with the shared intimacy sparked up between you and Fandral?"

"W-what? How-"

"Oh, don't worry, I've known since day one," she laughs at her son's blush. "Intimacy has no rules, love who you must if it brings you joy! I've had my fair share of-"

"Mother!"

"Alright! I will leave those stories for another time," once she stopped her laugh, Frigga looked at Loki. "So is it that?"

"It's more so what I don't feel, I have no interest in any suitor being presented or any of the duties the Allfather has assigned me,"

"Something is keeping you back? I suspect a Midgardian?"

"Yes..."

"Name?"

"Y/n... an actual angel sent from Valhalla, mother," Loki clutched Figga's hands. "Gorgeous and intelligent in every way possible! She is giving, and puts such a smile on my face my cheeks hurt," he laughs. "And... my true form... it didn't scare her, she accepted me and loved me all the same,"

"She sounds like quite the keeper,"

"Oh, how I wished to keep by her side, she accepted my love and I her's, but when Odin called for my return we ended the courtship,"

"Is that the distraction Odin was murmuring about?"

"He knew of my happiness, and in classic manner, stripped me of my love," Loki growled in a low voice.

"He means to do no such thing, Loki, he was in need of royal support as did I, and it seemed the daily notifications of your redemption proved your good heart,"

"My good heart lays with her," he sighs.

"Then it's settled,"

"Settled?" he stood up alongside Frigga.

"You are to return to Midgard and be with Y/n," he was left speechless as Frigga tossed him his book. "Need I repeat myself?"

"N-no! But, would Odin not declare war against the idea of me leaving?"

"I'll persuade him~"

"Mother!"

"Fine! I'll keep my plan to myself," Frigga laugh hysterically.

"Thank you, mother," embracing her lovingly she pat his back before shooing him off.

"Now, go, take your brother, I suspect he is missing his Midgardian Lady," Loki nods and sprints off out the library and to his room.

~~~

"Tom!" You giggle as your boyfriend spins you around in the air. "We won't get anything done if we don't stop dancing,"

"Alright," he puts you down and lets you resume the baking. Tom and you have been dating for a while... he was perfect in every sense! Sweet, charming, good looking, good in bed but... he was incredibly boring!

He agreed with everything you said, every opinion and fact even though it was wrong. Even if he did have a former opinion, you would argue for what seemed like five seconds before he agreed with you.

Even playful arguments ended in him agreeing and not you two aggressively making out like you and Loki used to do.

He liked everything you liked and never once did he recommend something new... book wise, movie wise, song wise, bed wise! Nothing!

And dear Allfather, his routine was the same damn thing! Never did he have a surprise visit or anything exciting.

If he was a spice he would be flour.

The problem was he was too perfect, there was no reason for you to break up with him!

~~~

No not Tok as in our Tom

- Anna ❤️