Chapter 35

The sound of singing birds was loud enough for Alfred to hear and awaken him from his slumber. Opening his eyes the first thing he saw was the large window near his bed that led out onto the balcony, and found that it was still somewhat dark outside but it was close to dawn. There was an unusual amount of birds hopping around the potted plants that decorated the balcony, singing away to welcome the new day. On the horizon he could see the sun was still a few minutes away from rising as it grew brighter.

As he sat up he hissed in pain as sleeping in an armchair was not as comfortable as it looked, his muscles aching from resting in such an awkward position. It was then that he realised that he really needed a shower as the stench of his body odour made him feel a little grossed out. He stretched his muscles and clicked his bones back into place, before glancing over at his occupied bed.

“Arthur?”

He was still fast asleep but Alfred couldn’t resist carefully crawling onto the bed and peered down at him. Arthur was sleeping peacefully, almost as if he was stuck in time. He smiled as he could see that he was still healthy, and as he looked out the window a thought hit him. Placing his hand on Arthur’s shoulder he carefully shook him, trying to get him to wake up.

“Arthur? Arthur, come on.”

Arthur didn’t stir but groaned as Alfred tried to awaken him.

“Arthur? Arthur, you need to wake up.”

It didn’t seem to work as Arthur rolled his head to the side. Alfred folded his arms and pondered on what to do.

“Hmmm... well, it worked last time.”

Alfred then cupped Arthur’s face and gently kissed him on the lips.

SMACK

Alfred hissed in pain as he pulled back, but realised he should’ve seen that coming. Still at least it worked.

“What the hell are you doing, you idiot!”

Arthur had awoken but he was still weak and could barely support himself as he tried to sit up. “What kind of person wakes people up like that!?”

“I was trying to wake you up but you wouldn’t, so I tried what I did the first time,” whined Alfred, massaging his sore cheek. “It worked last time.”

“Well you should’ve waited until I’ve awaken by my own accord,” huffed Arthur. He then looked around, confused with his surroundings. “Where are we?”

“My room.”

“Your... r-room?”

Arthur’s face went red. He then looked down at himself and realised that with his change of clothing he had been naked at some point. His face went redder and he started to weakly bash his fists against Alfred’s chest.

“You pervert! What the hell did you do to me whilst I was asleep!?”

“Nothing!” Alfred cringed as Arthur pelted him with those weak punches of his. “I didn’t do anything!”

Arthur cried out in anger and suddenly rolled himself into the sheets until he was completely smothered. “How dare you strip me without my consent,” he cried out from underneath the sheets.

“Well I couldn’t let you sleep in my bed with dirty clothes!” argued Alfred.

“What the hell am I wearing anyway? Is this a dress?”

“That’s my... pyjama top...”

“This is a shirt!? I could fit another body in here along with mine!”