Scene 5 - TARDIS flight

We see the TARDIS doors close. The Doctor, with his trench coat now off, and Rose reach up to the TARDIS console, as the Doctor immediately begins tinkering with his ship and adjusting the scanner to where he stands. The Doctor is solemn. He looks down at his console as he activates the controls, then Rose goes up to him and holds his arm.

Rose:

So, what exactly is it? You haven't told me properly.

Doctor:

Haven't I?

Rose:

No.

Doctor:

Well, it's nothing too serious. Just a couple of people in need of rescuing. Not too strenuous.

Rose:

Well then why have we left?

Doctor:

Because... because they need our help.

Rose:

There's something you're not telling me. And I don't like it. What is it?

They got closer.

Doctor, what is it?

The Doctor stops. He is afraid of something. Something is haunting him.

I met a showman when I was out walking. He had a scope that showed beings inside it. One of the beings inside there... shouldn't be in there. A TerraPhome life form. Well, that's what they called them in the Dark Times back home. An old hermit on the hills back home used to tell me stories about our founding fathers. Whether they're true or not, they used to terrify me as a child. There was one story, in particular, I still remember word for word today.

Rose:

Go on.

Doctor:

Well, this old hermit told me about a legend about one of the first planets Rassilon and Omega first came to explore.

Rose:

What happened out there?

Doctor:

It's just an old tale. I can see them doing something like that on Skullva. Or so they named the planet. A dead man's planet they once described it. Skullva should have been wiped out of existence by Rassilon millennials ago.

Rose:

But it wasn't. So what is it still doing out here then?

Doctor:

Not a clue. I doubt that anyone left of my race would even have any trace of what they did to Skullva. It wasn't destroyed for some reason. Back in the day... they should really have been a bit more careful in ensuring they disposed and time looped planets.

Rose:

Then... do you know what's there? Other than these TerraPhome things.

Doctor:

Not a clue. It's the one planet you could always say I've kept some distance from.

Rose:

Then why are we going there? They've been released or something?

Doctor:

Give me two shakes, Rose, then I'll be with you.

The Doctor tampers with his TARDIS controls again. Rose comes up close to him again as the Doctor is busy.