Scene 7 - Danger

Hope and Phil proceed cautiously down the path in front of them. Fog swirls creepily around them. They point their pistols out in case of attack, whilst also engaging in conversation and standing by for the unexpected.

Phil:

You know, I think the others back in the ship had a point. It does seem a little, well, eerie, if you know what I mean.

Hope:

Nonsense. We can deal with it. Better than that so-called Captain, who cares nothing about his crew and everything about his bonus and profits. But yeah, it is a bit weird out here.

Phil:

You sure you know what you're doing since you selected yourself leader out of the two of us.

Hope:

Positive. Since we've got these.

Phil:

Hope!

He sees beside him a bog, and it is bubbling rapidly, if not boiling. The two look into the bubbling, smoke rises out, and light beams down from the bottom. The pair look down bravely, pointing their pistols at it. The yellow/white light rises, up and up and up. Phil looks in closer, perhaps a little too closely.

Hope:

Phil, get back from it!

Phil:

I just want to see-

A roar screams! Wet tentacles rise up from the swamp and slither around his arms, neck, torso, and legs. He screams agonizingly, dropping his gun into the swamp! Hope fires her gun but it has no effect on the monstrous tentacles. Phil is left to be dragged slowly in with the creature...

ARGH! HELP ME! HELP ME! FOR GOD'S SAKE HOPE, HELP ME! HELP ME!

She covers her mouth as he is splashed into the swamp. It gulps, bubbles, and churns him as the man screams his last. The roaring, writhing tentacles suck him in with it and devour Phil alive.

HELP ME! NO! NO! ARGH! AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

We last see his tensed hand swallowed up by the cascading tendrils. He is slurped up as the bog finishes bubbling, squelching, gurgling, and seething, before it eventually stabilizes. Hope is horrified by the horrific scenes. Elsewhere around her, more smoke arises. She hears more screaming and roaring of monsters from around. Nearby bogs are beginning to bubble and writhe. Hope is panicked and terrified. She dashes back the way she came to the ship, as the alien roaring and smoke continue to terrify the planet Skullva. More deaths are about to follow...