Chapter 9

"MOMMY." Bati ko sa aking ina ng maabutan ito sa garden.

She turned to me and rushed over me with eyes full of tears. We hugged each other at that moment of time. We ignored the time and space as we savour that moment na kay tagal rin mula ng magawa namin magkasama. I can feel her longingness, and so am I. I missed my mother so much to the fact that I want to go back in time and change it for me to be with her at all those times she needed the most. I want to regret leaving them for my fear. But I can't. Because, once I regret it, there's no Viola anymore.

"My son." She uttered with her eyes closed. And when she opened it, I can't stop but to wish for more time, for more courage to conquer all those fears I have.

"Mom. I'm here." Nakangiti kong saad.

"I am happy, I am very happy that you finally decided to visit me here. I am so lonely. I want to visit you in your clinic but I can't, I am afraid that you will dump me." Lumuluhang sabi nito.

"Shhh. Mom, you know that I will never do that. I love you so much Mom." I hugged her once again and caress her long silky hair I used to touch when I was a kid, those times my daddy's still alive.

"I know, son. I know."

"Do you remember what daddy always telling me?" She kept herself silent and waited for me to proceed, so I smiled and continued telling her those memories. "He said that, always take good care of your Mom, because everyone may leave you when they're done to you, but your Mom will never leave you what ever what will be the outcome of yoyr actions." I bit my lips when I reminisced the past we shared, "But I failed him, because I left you, six years ago."

Hinarap ako ng aking ina at lumuluha s'yang may ngiti pa rin sa kan'yang mga labi. "But, you're back. Past doesn't really matters as long as you trust that person you love the most."

I wiped off her tears and hold her cheeks and levelled it to my sight. I smiled with contentment in my heart.

'Whatever what happens, let the judgement be, because at this moment forward, I will not waste anymore memories for the sake of my fear of judgements.' I thought as we started to talk about our lives for six years that we missed.

"Wala ka bang girlfriend, 'nak?" Tanong ng aking ina sa akin na naging dahilan para masamid ako ng tubig na iniinom ko.

"Mom!" Saway ko rito habang umuubo ako.

Malakas na tumawa ang aking ina pero agad ako nitong tinulungan ng hindi ako tumigil sa pag-ubo. "Kailan mo kasi ako bibigyan ng apo? Si Uncle Richard mo, mayroon na. Sina tito Alfred mo naghihintay na rin. Ikaw na panganay ko, kailan mo ako bibigyan kahit isang batang aalagaan? Pag uugod-ugod na ako?" Pagdadrama nito.

Napailing na lamang ako ng mahimasmasan na ako. "I can't tell when, Mom. Pero sa tingin ko nama'y malapit na." Sabi ko rito, and in a split of second, maluwag na nakangiti ang aking ina sa akin that makes me feel chills down to my spine while thinking how creepy it is.

"May nililigawan ka na ba, 'nak?" Usisa nito.

I was about to mention Viola's name when someone barged in uninvited.

"Hi Tita!" Sanya squeeled that made us frowned.

Napatayo ako ng makita ito. Nilapitan ko ito at hihilahin na sana palabas ng bahay ng lagpasan ako nito at nilapitan ang aking ina na halata ang disgusto sa mga mata. "Sanya." Tawag ko rito pero para itong bingi na hindi ako pinansin.

"Bakit nandito ka?" Tanong ng aking ina kay Sanya na nasobrahan ata sa kakapalan ng mukha dahil sa labis-labis nitong pagiging manhid.

"Didn't Cedric told you?" She asked that made my Mom's brows raised with a big question marks on our heads.