(8) "It's Over"

Four months later 

The deal with the CEO had been done for two months. But rather than quickly jump ship on the deal with Aubrianna they waited so it didn't seem obvious. It was now February they were all at Peggy and Steve's house to celebrate their big win with the Italy company. Bucky and Aubrianna rode separately. 

He waited by his car for her. "You look beautiful." He said 

"Thanks." She said as they made their way inside. 

They all were out in the enclosed area that Steve and Peggy had set up for the dinner. Everyone was drinking wine or scotch. Peggy had her fondue pots out and the cheese and meat boards. The night was going great with a good steak and lobster dinner. Peggy and Sam's wife Nicole had a cake made for the boys that Aubrie had chipped in on as well. 

When they brought it out they couldn't find Bucky. Aubrie went to look for him she went upstairs  and heard noises coming from a bedroom. She opened the door to find Daisy on top of Bucky on the bed. 

She looked down. "Aubrie.." he said 

"They have a cake for you downstairs.." she said as she swallowed back the lump in her throat as she left. 

Aubrianna forced a fake smile on her face as she came back. She told Peggy she had to go after she ate a piece. 

"Aubrie.." Bucky said as he came up behind her. 

She slid the ring off and placed it in his hand and walked away. 

"Buck what did you do? I mean I know this was all a ruse but.." Steve said 

"She found me with Daisy upstairs." He said 

Aubrianna went home and cried till she couldn't cry anymore. Monday morning rolled around she was making her way to her office. When Daisy stopped her. 

"He's been screwing me the last three months just so you know. It was never real he doesn't do serious even I know that. So get over yourself..now you can't judge me or Holly." Daisy said 

"Daisy you have about 2 seconds to get out of my face before I slap you. I don't fucking care! Go fuck him go fuck my ex husband for all I care. Just get the fuck away from me!." She snapped 

She went into her office and slammed the door. Once she sat down she checked her email. 

"Since you answer my calls or my text messages. I'll try this way..please come to my office. We have to talk." 

She rolled her eyes and stormed out of her office and to the elevator. She made her way to his office he was pacing in his office. 

"What?! What is so god damn important?" She said 

"Aubrianna don't come in here yelling at me. We both knew it was ending so what the fuck is the problem? It wasn't real.." he said 

"It's over. I'm about to run the story to the outlets. Because you are nothing but a selfish self centered egotistical bastard! You only care about yourself! All of this with me was a way to get a business deal done you used me!" She screamed at him. 

"You knew what it was when we started!" He screamed at her. 

"And I tried so damn hard to get you to listen that I didn't want this! I hate you even more now! You should of picked her to play pretend with instead of me! She told you two have been screwing around since November!" She screamed 

He looked away from her as he walked to his window. 

"I am tired of every guy in my life treating me like I don't matter like I'm nothing more than a piece of crap. You used me and when it was all said in done you tossed me to the side." She said and walked out. 

Sam was standing there. "Aubrie.." he said as she went down the hall. 

She wrote up the statement and sent it in. Bucky's phone began to blow up as well as hers. 

"It is with heartfelt news that CEO James Barnes and his girlfriend Aubrianna O' Connor have called off their engagement. It appears that Mr Barnes wasn't quite ready to give up his party boy ways." 

Bucky looked down when he read it. "Great now my mother is going to kill me.." he said as he ran his hands through his hair.

He took a big drink of his scotch and began to work on a new contract for a business in Sydney. The next day she showed up at work she knocked on Sam's office door. 

"Come in.." he said 

When she walked in she saw both Steve and Bucky. She ignored Bucky as she walked by him. 

"Morning Steve and Sam. Here you said to bring it in the days and you would sign off on them.." she said 

Sam took the note said she needed two weeks off to go to Dallas. He put them into the computer.

"All set." Sam said 

"Thank you Sam." She said and left. 

"She's taking time off?" Steve said 

"She's going to see her mom she said she has to deal with some family emergency in Texas." Sam said 

"Texas?" Bucky said 

"Yeah Nicole said that's where her parents live.." Sam said as they picked up where their meeting left off.