(16) Aubrie Meets the Barnes.

Two weeks later 

Aubrie was in her office working on a statement for one of her clients. When email pinged she looked up to see a email from Sam. 

"Hey! Hope things are going well. I wanted to let you know that Mr and Mrs Barnes Bucky's parents would like for you to join them for dinner on Saturday. Would you be okay with that?" 

She sat there a few minutes biting her lip. She closed her eyes as she looked down.

"Yes that's fine. Just send me the address..they don't hate me do they?" 

"Far from it. I've never see Winnie the way I seen her last month and I've know her practically my whole life." 

"Okay great. Just send me the address and I will be there."

She took a deep breathe and went back to work. 

Saturday afternoon she wore a blue off the shoulder dress with brown sandals as she drove out towards the suburbs of Brooklyn. She pulled up to the Barnes' house. 

"Wow..what a house." She whispered 

She made her way up to the door and knocked. James and Winnie answered the door and introduced themselves as they let her in. Their walls were filled with family pictures of them and their five kids and grandkids. She joined them in the dining room where Bucky's siblings were. 

Winnie introduced her to Brandon and his wife Madison,Campbell and his Daniella. Rebecca and  her husband Deacon and Bucky's younger sister Katie Ann and her fiancé Noah. She smiled and shook hands as they all sat down to eat. They all asked her questions to get to know her and asked things about the baby. 

They told her stories about how Bucky was growing up. Winnie broke our photo albums while they ate  banana pudding for dessert. James caught a moment of Aubrie and Winnie laughing about a picture of Bucky dressed up as a ninja for Halloween and how he broke his arm trying to do ninja moves. He snapped the photo of them and sent it to Bucky who was watching the sun set over the ocean. 

"Why is she there?" 

"Your mom and I invited her over. We want to get to know the girl who is having our grand daughter." James said 

He looked down. 

Aubrie helped cleaned up the dining room and kitchen while she was there. While Winnie went to the bathroom Aubrie walked around. She looked at all the pictures hanging Campbell showed her Bucky's old room. James came up with them. 

"We took the posters down. He use to have sports posters everywhere.." James said 

She let out a laugh when she saw numbers on his desk like he was doing a deal. Phone numbers pinned to his cork board along with photos with his friends. 

"He dated Natasha?" She said when she saw a picture of them kissing. 

"For about six months. I think they broke up when another girl wanted to date him." James said 

She picked up a notebook and opened it up. She saw mock contracts written in his hand writing. 

"He's always been about business hasn't he?" She said 

"Yeah he always said he wasn't going to law or medical school that it was business school." James said as they walked downstairs. 

She stayed for another hour before she headed home. She couldn't understand how someone who had such a wonderful childhood two parents that loves could turn out to be like him. She knew why she was cold and a bitch but he's had it all. 

Bucky was laying in his bed watching the fan spin. James texted him. 

"She seems like a great girl. Your mom loves her..how could you hurt her like this." 

"I've said I am sorry. Okay I'm sorry I'm such a fuck up!" 

"James nobody said that."

"Nobody had to..it's pretty clear." 

"All we want is for you to understand what you did is wrong. You used Aubrianna and that wasn't right. Now she is having your baby and you don't even care. It's always been like this with you son. Love has always been the last thing on your mind." 

Bucky threw his phone against the wall and went to sleep.