(9) A Ghost from Her Past

Warning: Brief moments of domestic abuse

Aubrianna was on her flight with her air pods in. Just staring out the window of the plane she didn't even notice the pilot talking. The attendant tapped her on the shoulder and motioned for her to take them out. 

"We are bout to land ma'am. So you need to turn that off and put your seat belt on." She said 

"Thanks.." Aubrie said 

The plane landed with some turbulence. When she got off the plane Marybeth and her dad or rather the man that raised her since she was 3 Charlie met her and hugged her. She got her suitcase and they went home.

Back in NY Bucky was at his parents house it was quiet at the dinner table. After they had dessert he was about to leave. Winnie walked over to him and smacked him across the face. 

"Who are you anymore?! Because I know damn good and well that we didn't raise you to be like this." Winnie snapped at him. 

"Mom please.." he said 

"Sarah said that Steve told her that the whole relationship was fake! Is that true? Is that why you never brought her over here to meet me why you kept hiding her and any wedding details?!" Winnie said 

He looked down. 

Winnie had tears welling in her eyes. "Son it's best that you go." James said 

"Mama I'm sorry..I just don't want that stuff I have told you that since I was 15. I don't know why you all act like it's some big surprise. Yes I faked my engagement but that was because a business deal was going south because I wasnt in a serious relationship or married." He said 

"You used the girl to get a deal to go through? Seriously James Buchanan!" Winnie said as she wiped tears. 

He couldn't even look at her. "You may be almost 36 James but you need to grow up. Now go..I can't even look at you right now. Cause you are not the son I raised." She said and walked away. 

Bucky left his parents house and went on back to the office to put the finishing touches on his Sydney deal before he had to take off to Australia. Aubrianna was sound asleep in her old bedroom. The next morning she had breakfast with her parents while Bucky left on the private jet. 

After she finished breakfast she borrowed her mom's car. Jason had been harassing her parents trying to find her. He was staying at one of the run down hotels. 

She found her way to his room and knocked.

"Brie.." he said when he opened the door. 

"You need to go back to LA and leave my family alone." She said as he let her in. 

"Brie baby not unless you come back with me..I want my wife back." He said 

"We have been divorced two years Jay. Why would I go back to you? Drugs was what was important to you. Abusing me was important to you. Banging my boss behind my back.." she said 

"Brie come on baby. Come back with me and we can be a family. Make our babies.." he said as he tried to dance with her. 

"Jay please it's over.." she said 

"Let's just sit down and talk.." he said as he opened up a bottle of Jack and lit up a cigarette. 

"Jay didn't you go to rehab? You were court ordered to go." She said 

"Oh that I did it for like 30 days..now come on and drink with me Brie baby. It will be like college all over again. I've missed you.." he said as he pulled her to the bed. 

"No I have to drive.." she said 

"Brie sit! You aren't leaving me again!" He said 

Tears fell. "Jay please just get help.." she said as she walked to the door. 

She heard a click behind her she turned around. "Jay what the fuck?! Why do you have a gun?" She said 

"I love you Brie baby. Please don't leave me again..if you try and leave I'll make sure nobody has my girl.." Jason said 

Behind her back she called 911 on her phone. "Jason please just put the gun down. Okay you need help..you are high and loaded. You don't want to hurt me..I know you don't." She said as she slid her phone in her pocket so the operator could hear her. 

"Brie please just come back to LA I ended my affair with Alicia I'm sorry I hurt you baby. Just please come back to me." He said he walked to her. 

She backed up a little. It didn't take long before the sirens were heard. 

"You bitch! You called the cops on me again!" He said as he found her phone and threw it against the wall and hit her in the face with the end of the gun. She instantly fell to the floor just as the police broke in. They rushed her to the ER when Marybeth arrived they gave her Aubrie's busted phone. 

"She's gonna be fine.. she some bruising and a fracture here and here." The doctor said as he pointed to her eyebrow and cheek bone. 

For the rest of the trip she kept ice on it and spent time with her family. She pressed charges and got a restraining order.