(12) Cocktails and Dirty Looks

It had been since Aubrianna's birthday dinner. Nat was planning a cocktail party for her and Matt's 15th wedding anniversary. Bucky promised to behave if Aubrie showed up. The event was held in their back yard under a tent. 

Aubrie showed up late in a blue one shoulder dress with gold heels that had blue accents on them. She walked into the tent Bucky looked up from his scotch glass. Nat and her were hugging. 

"You made it.." Nat squealed. 

The caterers began to send out their wait staff as everyone took their seats. Nat gave her a wine glass filled with water and sat beside her. They all began to dig into their food and enjoy the night. Aubrie kept her distance and her gaze away from Bucky. But she could feel his eyes on her and Sam would give him dirty looks for staring to long. 

Near the end of the night Bucky sat down beside her. "Dirty martini?" He said 

"No im not drinking tonight. I should go.." she said as she picked up her clutch. 

Just as she was about to step out of the tent. "What have you done to my friends? They have been my best friends since elementary school when we all lived in Brooklyn. And now they just hate me.." he said 

"Maybe you should ask yourself that question. And stop blaming others..or go get lost in some girl's vagina. Cause that always seems to make you feel better." She said and walked off.

He went back to where she was sitting thinking she had a vodka tonic or a gin and tonic. He took a drink of her water.

"Why would Nat be giving her water all night?" He thought. 

The next night all but Aubrie was in attendance at a charity function. It was the first one of the new year and the first one he's attended with Daisy. When they were all waiting for their limos Natasha leaned in his ear. 

"Not that it should come as a shock to you. But she won't be invited to brunches on Sundays. So go ahead and keep messing around with her. But she won't be accepted by me and the girls." Nat said

"Nat I don't get why you all are suddenly so pissed at me. I don't do serious relationships." He said 

"Whatever I'm just telling you we won't accept her." Nat said as she and Matt walked off. 

Monday morning Aubrie saw the highlights from the evening. Her heart stopped when she seen him there with Daisy. She trashed the paper in her wastebasket. 

"Stupid hoe bag." She said as she started to work on a statement for one of their clients. While Bucky and Steve took off to New Zealand. 

While he was gone Nat did the blood test that can reveal the baby's gender. Aubrie found out that she was having a baby girl. She called her mom through FaceTime and ate into a mini cup cake she had made and showed her the pink filling. 

"I'm getting a grand daughter..oh honey..I'm so happy for you!" Marybeth said 

Aubrie smiled at her mom. 

"You got this baby girl. I have no doubt that my baby girl can do this." Mary Beth said 

"Thanks mama I love you." She said 

"Love you." Marybeth said and they hung up.