(14) Pink Slips & Salty Air

Sam and Steve were sitting in Sam's office when Bucky came in. 

"I am giving you Sam temporary head CEO. Just take care of this place please don't let it turn into a dumpster fire. Also um this I never got around to fixing this.." Bucky said as he laid the paper in his hand on Sam's desk. 

Sam and Steve saw that Aubrie was still on their payroll. 

"Anyways..I'm gonna go now." Bucky said 

"Barnes..how long are you going to stay gone? And where are you going?" Steve said 

"I don't know. And my brothers Brandon and Campbell are letting me use their beach house in Ocean Isle NC. So I've gotta a flight to catch in a few hours." Bucky said and walked out. 

Sam pulled out his phone and began to text. 

"Who are you texting?" Steve said 

"Aubrie. Cause we are going to need her and considering she is still an employee it shouldn't be a problem. But we need to talk to her first..she said she is still at the office." Sam said as he picked up his keys. 

"Let's go then. And we need to discuss..how we are going.." Steve said but Sam said 

"Disinfect this place. Believe me brother we are about to turn this place upside down for the boss man. While he's getting his head on straight we are going to be turning this place around. So when he does come back he won't be tempted to go back down this road." Sam said as they got on to the elevator. 

Aubrie was cleaning up her desk after a long day of conference calls and working PR for three different clients. Both Sam and Steve came through her office door. 

"Hey..what's so important that you needed to talk to me so urgently?" She said 

Sam laid the payroll paper down. "You are still technically an employee for BRW. So I hope that when we explain the situation that you will be willing to help." Sam said 

Aubrie looked up from the paper. 

"Okay.." she said as she slowly sat down in her desk chair. 

Both of the guys began to explain what happened that day with Bucky and how he is taking a leave of absence indefinitely to clear his head. She took a deep breathe after they were done. 

"You want me to help keep this from turning into a complete dumpster fire in the press." She said 

"Yes..please." Steve said 

"Okay..well have you spoken with Matt. He was head of legal right?" She said 

"He's next on our list of people to make sure we have him behind us as well. But we also need to know since you worked on that floor who else has slept with Barnes?" Sam said 

"Okay well I'll have to comply a list. And then we will work our way back up to good standing." She said 

"Great..we can meet early tomorrow morning before the big company meeting to discuss everything." Sam said 

"Is 8AM to early?" Steve said 

"No I have nothing scheduled tomorrow so I'm all yours tomorrow. So I'll see you at 8AM." She said as she stood up. 

They all three shook hands they walked her to her car after she locked up the office. Bucky landed in NC and he paid for his rental car. He made his way to his brothers' beach house. Once he was settled he stood out on the porch and breathed in the salty air.