(18) Kamryn Paige

Two weeks later 

Aubrie was two weeks from her due date. She was pacing in her office as she was talking to a client on the phone. It was a rainy chilly October day as she was talking and walking around her office. Jana noticed she went quiet so she went to ask if she needed help with client. When she walked in she found Aubrie on the floor. 

"Brie!" Jana screamed as she ran inside along with the others. 

She told the client they had a emergency and had to hung up. The receptionist called 911 while Jana called Natasha. Just as she was about to hang up. 

"Nat..there's ..there's blood.." Jana said when she saw blood on her dress. 

"I'm gonna meet her there Jana. I'm gonna have them rush her into an OR as soon as I do. She's been suffering from preeclampsia." Nat said  

The EMTs rushed her to NYU where Nat worked.

"Ive got her let's go now." She said as she met them at the ER entrance. 

"I told you bedrest why didn't you listen." She said when she saw her slowly going in and out of consciousness. 

Nicole was Natasha's practice partner so she called Sam. 

"Hey baby slow day?" Sam said as they were all on lunch. 

"Aubrie was just rushed into a emergency c section. She passed out at work and started bleeding so Nat just rushed her back. " Nicole said 

"Whoa Nikki slow down. What happened to Brie?" Sam said 

Bucky looked up from his sandwich. "Sam..?" Bucky whispered 

He put his phone on speaker. "Aubrie is having a c section! A emergency one she passed out at work and was bleeding! She had preeclampsia she was suppose to be on bed rest. But she didn't listen!" Nicole said 

Bucky called his parents as he left the sandwich shop they were at. They headed to NYU hospital and made their way to the waiting room. Two hours later Aubrie was in her room while Nicole took Bucky up to the nursery. 

"Here you go Buck..just hold her it's okay." She said as she place their daughter in his arms. 

Bucky swallowed hard as she looked up at him with green eyes like Aubrie's eyes. "Hey..it's okay.." he said 

Nicole handed him a bottle and he began to fed her. She kept her eyes on him the whole time as she drank from her bottle and wrapped her tiny hand around his finger. 

"Nikki..is she okay? Aubrie.." he whispered 

"She will be. Her blood pressure was to high..Nat had told her to go on maternity leave and bed rest but Aubrianna is so stubborn so she didn't listen." Nicole whispered 

After he fed her and burped her he held her a little longer. Once she was asleep Nicole took him to see Aubrianna. 

"Is her mom coming?" He whispered 

"Yeah she is on a flight right now." Nicole said as they went into the room. 

Nicole left him there he walked over to her. 

"She's beautiful Aubrie. You really are stubborn and don't like when people tell you things you don't like." He said as he sat on the side of the bed. 

"I'm sorry Aubrianna. At some point I would like for us to have dinner and talk I do mean that. But we will talk about that when you wake up. Don't go in the shiny light.." he whispered as he kissed her temple and left the room. 

The next morning while Natasha was checking her stitches Aubrianna started to wake up. 

"Nat? What happened?" She said 

"You didn't listen and had to have a emergency c section yesterday." Nat said 

"My baby.." she said 

"Bucky has been here all night. He's fed her burped her and spent time with her. Maybe we were all wrong? He's also been in here checking on you too." Nat said

Aubrianna sat there as she closed eyes. "I know he was in here.." she whispered 

"But they do need a name." Nat said 

"Kamryn Paige.." she said 

"I'll let them know.." Nat said as she finished her notes. 

Nat went into the nursery "Kamryn Paige." She said 

"She's awake.." Bucky said as he looked up from the baby. 

"Yes she's awake. But I would wait till you two talk about her last name before you sign her paperwork Nurse Betty." Nat said 

Bucky finished feeding Kamryn he and nurse wheeled her into Aubrie's room. The nurse left them as Bucky handed her to Aubrie. 

"Hi.." she whispered as she played with her tiny fingers. 

She looked up at Bucky. "I'm not stubborn by the way.." she said 

"So you did hear me?" He said 

"Don't..this doesn't mean I have forgiven you. It just means I slightly hate you less." She said 

"They need her last name." He said 

"Barnes.." she said like it was obvious. 

"Don't do that. I didn't know.." he said as he texted Natasha. 

"She's your daughter. It doesn't matter how she was made and if you want to be involved and co parent that's great. If you don't want to that's fine.." she said as the door opened. 

Mary Beth and Charlie came in. "Mama..dad." She said with a smile. 

"Oh honey you are awake." Marybeth said as she kissed both girls. 

"James this is my mom Marybeth and my dad Charlie Thomas." She said 

Bucky shook her dad's hand "It's very nice to meet you." 

"And you as well Mrs Thomas." He said as she shook her hand. 

"I'm gonna let you visit with them. While I go home and clean up." He said 

"Okay.." she said

Bucky headed back to his penthouse and showered changed ate something and took a nap before he went back to the hospital.