SYNOPSIS

A year has passed, and Melike's life has not been any less eventful.

She is now married to Goktug Alp, the soldier known for his tragic story and background, and for being one of Osman Bey's finest Alps and closest friends. When he lost his brother to his own sword after being brainwashed by the late Mongol Commander Balgay, Goktug is determined to move on and become a martyr, just as his brother was.

Both Goktug and Melike are thrown into battle after battle along with their tribe and Melike's brother, Boran Alp, all led by the Great Osman Bey, who has made a name for himself and his tribe, and is well-known throughout the land of Anatolia. He has indeed shown himself to be Ertugrul Gazi's son, and his power and strength has brought the Kayis to rise to become the most powerful tribe around- yet their power not only attracts and relieves the oppressed, but invites more threat, that brings about more conflict. Life is nowhere near easy for the Kayis as almost every day goes by with yet another attack, another betrayal, another stab in the back...and sometimes the battles are not with the enemy, but in fact amongst themselves.

But Melike and Goktug are true warriors, both strong enough to brave through all the problems that their tribe faces, as they fight for their Cause and for their Bey. Perhaps deep down in their hearts they long for peace and harmony, but what they want more is a better life for the future muslims and people that are to be born into the cruel wide world, including their own future children.

Though Melike and her brother along with Osman Bey have fully accepted Goktug into their lives despite how he was in the past, it is unbeknownst to them if anyone else really had. Melike notices with pain and sadness, the way many look at Goktug as if he were an outsider, an unwelcome guest. Though many are polite about it, not all of them tend to keep their mouths clean, and Goktug ends up being at the aim of many schemers and traitors, who pick him out as an easy target due to how worthless they feel he is, and sometimes it is only Osman Bey who is there to defend Goktug along with Melike and Boran.

Melike is determined to make sure that Goktug feels nothing but accepted and loved in his tribe, so he could move on from the dark past that haunts his dreams and spooks his nights. But what is also unclear, is if Melike has learnt her lesson that things never go as planned or expected...

----------

*This story is based on Season 2 of Kurulus Osman. Please watch the season if you want to understand the story better :)

I have also removed Sumeyye from this storyline, as I have decided to make her and Boran's story separate from Melike and Goktug's, as there are many requests for a different plot for them- and also because at present, I don't have enough time to work on a proper crossover and spin-offs 😅. I may continue to have Sumeyye be a part of Melike and Boran's life in the past, but I will probably not mention her in this story and remove her from 'Yasak' as I continue to edit that story.

Thank you for choosing to read this story, I hope you all will enjoy it.*