chapter 2

"Hello, my name is Osaki Shotaro, nice to meet you all." Shotaro bowed 90° and smiled widely, he then made eye contact with Daiyu.
"Oh! You're the girl! The bus card, remember?" He pointed at Daiyu sending everyone's attention towards her. Daiyu awkwardly smiled and looked down trying to divert the attention away from herself.

"You know Daiyu? How about you sit next to her then!" The teacher suggested.

"What?? Teacher that's not fair i've sat next to Daiyu this entire year!" Ningning sat up defensively with a disappointed face.

"That's not fair there's a free seat right next Giselle!" Daiyu protested and pointed at the empty seat next to their classmate, Giselle.

"Well then, Yizhuo can sit next to Giselle and Shotaro will sit next to Daiyu, it's only fair since Shotaro seems to know you, he will be more comfortable if he sat next to someone he knows."

Daiyu and Ningning both whined at the teachers response.

"No whining, anymore complaints from the two of you I will give you a 0% on your exam!" Daiyus mouth opened in shock.

What kinda teacher...

"I'm sorry Ningning I can't risk this, just sit next to Giselle for now and after the exam we'll convince him to sit next to each other, ok?"
Ningning pouted and started packing her stuff obviously annoyed and stomped like a toddler sitting next to Giselle.

"Well then, Shotaro you may now sit down." Shotaro bowed at the teacher and walked to sit next to Daiyu.

"Hi! My name is Shotaro!" Shotaro said happily.

How can he be so cheerful after the fact he basically forced my friend away?

Daiyu thought to herself.

"Hi" She said coldly. She didn't have time to be angry at him in that moment, she just need to focus on her exam.

 She didn't have time to be angry at him in that moment, she just need to focus on her exam

"Ok, everyone take everything off your desk besides a pencil and or eraser." Daiyu started to clear all her notebooks and extra papers off the desk and placed them neatly into her bag.

"Hands on your heads now." All of the students lifted their hands and placed them on their heads. The teacher walked around to try and catch someone attempting to cheat. One student had a bottle with equations on it, the teacher grabbed the bottle.

"I didn't know the ingredients to Gatorade was c=5/9(F-32)... good try this trick is actually pretty clever" The guy whispered under his breath a variety of incoherent curses. Another girl did a skirt trick by putting a bandaid under her skirt with answers.

"Lift up your skirt." Daiyus eyes widen.

that sounded weird, he could've worded it a little differently.

       "What did you say? What are you? A creep?" The teacher simply used his stick to move the skirt to reveal a bandaid. The girl swiftly covered herself.
"What do you think you're doing??" She yelled.

This teacher was always known as the creepy teacher of room 402. It was even rumored he sexually assaulted a student last year making her drop out of school. The teacher then harshly ripped off the bandaid making her wince, everyone else got checked and the teacher stood back at his podium.

"I will let everyone who got caught just now slide, anyone caught cheating during the test will get a 0, that includes any talking."

Daiyu let down her arms. The teacher passed out exam papers to the four rows and instructed the students to pass back the papers. Daiyu had gotten her paper last and waited for the teacher to allow all of them to start.

"You may begin."

Daiyu simply thought of it like homework but just a bit trickier. They only had an hour to do 50 questions so she had to use her time wisely.

Daiyu felt poking at her side.

"What should I do?" She heard Shotaro whisper. she just ignored his whispering and focused on getting the answers completed.

"Daiyu, that's your name, right? excuse me, Daiyu what do I do while I wait?" Shotaro started whispering louder for her attention.

"No talking! Daiyu, Shotaro." The teacher yelled at the two and glared at them. Daiyu apologized and glared at Shotaro who just mumble a measly sorry.

While Daiyu was on question 14 she felt someone staring. She looked to the side making eye contact with Shotaro who was staring at her paper, he noticed she had seen him and smiled widely.

"You're smart." Shotaro whispered. Daiyu stayed silent, she didn't want to get in trouble again.

"You could at least say tha-"

"SHOTARO DAIYU!!" The teacher slammed his hand on Daiyus desk making her flinch.
"I said no talking the first time, why are you talking?"

"What? Wait, I wasn't talking at all it was him!" Daiyu pointed at Shotaro who just innocently looked at her and the teacher.

"I'm sorry teacher, I distracted Daiyu it's my fault let me get a punishment instead of Daiyu." Shotaro said, he stood up and bowed to the teacher.

"No, Daiyu, i'm giving you a zero, I warned you once, you and Shotaro wait outside NOW! I'm sick and tired of students like you cheating for good grades." The teacher yelled and pointed at the door.

"Wha- wait why am I getting a zero?? I didn't even talk to him I just ignored him the who-"

" NO EXCUSES! Shotaro, Daiyu in the hallway NOW!" The teacher yelled and grabbed her paper shredding it into pieces in front of her. Daiyu was completely and utterly shocked, she couldn't even move at first until Shotaro tapped her.

"i'm sorry..." Shotaro looked at her genuinely sorry. Daiyu was frustrated, she didn't reply back, instead she pushed Shotaro out of her way and out the door frustrated.

Daiyu slid down the locker and put her head into her hand. She messed up her hair in frustration while Shotaro just awkwardly stood besides the angry girl.

"I-i'm really sorry Daiyu, I didn't mean to get you in trouble. I'll really make it up to you I promise!" Shotaro said, his eyes innocently looked at Daiyu like a puppy being caught making a mess by its owner. She just looked at him and couldn't even stay calm.

"This is my first ever zero, and I didn't even do anything wrong. How are you gonna fix this?" Daiyu looked at Shotaro frustrated.

"I will figure something out! I can convince the teacher to let you retake and take all the blame!" Shotaro told her smiling.

"How are you smiling? Is this fun for you? I shouldn't have even helped you at the bus stop..."