chapter 18

*Beep Beep Beep Beep*

The sound of the alarm clock woke Daiyu up as she stretched her arms. The light shined into her eyes, she pulled the covers over her face as she stretched her whole body.

"Shuhua?" Daiyu murmured her sisters name half asleep waiting for a response. She had barely gotten sleep, but had to get up, today she had the math competition.

"Finally awake sleeping beauty." She looked up to find the owner of the voice.

"Huh? What are you doing here Shotaro?" Daiyu blinked her eyes adjusting to the bright lights. Shotaro was standing by the bed looking down at her.

"What do you mean? Do I need permission to be in my room." Half asleep Daiyu didn't process what he said.

Her eyes shot open as I sat up. She looked around at the unfamiliar room and looked at Shotaro.

"Why am I here?"

"You fell asleep here. I had to sleep on this couch hard as a rock while you got the luxury of my bed." Shotaro said while rubbing his back and dramatically crying.

"Don't say that like it's my fault, I would've been fine sleeping on the couch. You should've just woken me up." She said while rubbing her eyes and stretching.

"How could I let you sleep on the couch..." Shotaro mumbled.

"What are you typing?" Daiyu asked Shotaro who seemed very absorbed on whatever he was typing.

"I'm trying to track the location of the number that texted you, it's strange. There is no location, whoever sent that left no traces behind." She remembered about the whole incident.

"Well um thanks I guess for letting me sleep here Taro, i'm going back to my room." Daiyu smiled and left the room.

While walking back she noticed the house was very empty

While walking back she noticed the house was very empty. Daiyu opened the door to my room and saw Shuhua in bed.

"Where'd you sleep?" Shuhua asked while on her phone.

"In Shotaros room." Shuhua looked up from her phone.

"What'd you just say!? You and Shotaro" Daiyu looked at her speechless.

"I only slept there! Nothing happened, you and your dirty mind..." Shuhua evilly laughed.

"By the way, where is everyone? It's so quiet, it doesn't feel right." She asked Shuhua. Daiyu then went to the bathroom to freshen up for school.

"Jungwoo said they were on a mission, they left a few hours ago and haven't came back." Shuhua said.

Daiyu looked at herself in the mirror, she looked like a walking corpse. She only got a few hours of sleep last night. Daiyu covered it up with makeup and left the bathroom.