chapter 21

"Yea I do, I like Yeh Daiyu

"Yea I do, I like Yeh Daiyu."

Shotaro stood there staring at him not knowing what to think or what to say. The door bathroom opened.

"Oh, hey Jaemin. What are you guys doing just standing there let's go bodyguards!" Daiyu had came out of the bathroom. She put her arms around their shoulders as she walked in the middle. She must've noticed the tense aura and stopped walking.

"What's wrong? You guys look mad? Is it still cause of Junkyu?" She peered at both of their expressions as they stared at each other.

"You don't have to be mad at Junkyu if i'm not mad at Junkyu, right and my notebook is still in the trash, I should go get it." Daiyu looked at the guys waiting for them to comment.

Shotaro clenched his jaw, his muscles became tense. anger started to rise in him as he broke the eye contact.

"Daiyu let's go." Shotaro grabbed Daiyus wrist as he dragged her away. Suddenly, he felt another tug. He looked back and saw Jaemin holding her other wrist.

"Huh? What are you two doing, is this a scene in a drama? Let go!" Daiyu pulled both of her arms firmly releasing her grip from the two.

"You're both being weird.. I'll be in class, bye bye!" She waved bye and left to the class.

Jaemin looked down and dryly laughed as he made his way towards Shotaro and smirked.

"You don't even like her, back off."

He roughly pushed Shotaros shoulder and walked off.

The professors words came through as gibberish for Shotaro

The professors words came through as gibberish for Shotaro. His mind was already occupied with something else.

"You don't even like her, back off."

It made him think, what do I think of Daiyu...
He's always thought he hated her, ever since they first met he hated everything about her. But what about now?

"What are you thinking about?" Shotaro heard Daiyu whisper to him from the right.

What the? Can she hear my thoughts?

"Huh? Oh, um n-nothing i'm not thinking about anything."

"Oh oh what's this what's this what's this!" She pointed at his face.
"You're as red as a tomato" *dramatic gasp* "were you thinking of something dirty?" She whisper yelled.

"Something dirty- what no? It's nothing gosh you're annoying." She pouted and looked back at the professor. Shotaro felt his face and it was definitely hot, what the hell why is it all of a sudden so hot today?

"Ok remember, students who signed up for the competition, it's being held today after school, that's all for today's class you may have the last 10 minutes to yourselves."

The teacher left the classroom as students started moving chairs and talking and laughing with each other.

Shotaro looked at Daiyu and he noticed something had her attention, she looked sad as she stared at Ningnings empty seat.

"Do you think she didn't come cause of me?" Daiyu asked.

"No, something probably happened." She nodded sadly and rested her head on the desk while doodling on a piece of paper. "Are you ok?" Shotaro asked.

Daiyu shrugged her shoulders. And deeply sighed.

"I don't know, i'm worried that I won't be able to talk to her."

Daiyu starts taking her notebooks and papers and putting them inside her bag.

"I'm gonna take a nap, remember to wake me up."

Daiyu placed her arms under her head as a pillow and fell asleep. She must've been super tired, she knocked out immediately.

Shotaro turned his head and looked at her sleeping figure. A small smile grew on his face.

"You don't even like her, back off."

Do I?

I'm lost.

Am I just telling myself I hate her.
What do I really think of Yeh Daiyu?

He looked back at her sleeping figure.

Ah, I got it now.
Images of Daiyus smile, laughter popped up in his head.
I think, she's someone I want to protect.

She's someone I want to keep close to me, to keep away from all the dangers in the world.

Do I really hate her?

Shotaro thought to himself.

"Awh thank you Taro!!...I'm gonna keep calling you Taro now since you don't like it."

"Huh? What are you doing here Shotaro?"
"What do you mean? Do I need permission to be in my room."
"Why am I here?"

"Look at you, ah your face is all messed up now! Are you okay?"

"No don't go please." Her hands started trembling as she had trouble breathing smoothly.

"Yeh Daiyu."
She looked so, peaceful. It was relieving, she wasn't crying, frustrated, or scared for her life, she was isolated in her own safe world. Where nothing and no one could hurt her.

I think, I was scared of my feelings.

I lied to myself and tried to convince me that I hated her.

Shotaro thought

"Yea I do, I like Yeh Daiyu"

Shotaro couldn't lie to himself anymore.

Yeh Daiyu, I like you.