Nerves//Morris Talliver

A/n: My goodness it has been way too long but finally here is an update. I'm really sorry it's been over a week but I was super busy with school and other things. But thank you guys for 4.7k views, it was really surprising to come back and see that.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this cute chapter :)

________________________________

You were having an incredibly terrible night after a hard week at work. Your clumsiness almost cost you yet another job. Over the past year, you've been fired twice for stupid mistakes you keep making over and over.

You were tired of living such a terrible life and just wanted a break. To lighten your spirits you decided to call your best friend. You picked up your phone and clicked on her number. It rang a couple of times but she finally picked up and said hello.

"Hey, I was just wondering if you were busy. I had another terrible day at work and was hoping we could go out, " you asked while trying to sound as happy as you could.

"Sorry y/n, I'm busy tonight. But you could always go out on your own and you know...meet some cute boys, " she teased me.

I rolled my eyes and responded, "as if anyone would ever be interested in me."

"Oh shut up, go put on your nicest dress and head out. There's like a comedy club near you right, go and get a laugh in, " she suggested.

"Yeah whatever, if you insist, " you sighed then hung up the phone after saying goodbye. You lazily dragged your feet over to the closet and picked out a dress.

You put on a black dress that was a little bit higher than halfway up your thighs. It had a V-shaped neck and an open back with a few strings that tied up. It was simple but still fit your body perfectly.

Next, you put your hair into loose curls and put on a pair of elegant black heels with a singular strap across your ankle. You added silver hoops and a necklace to finish off the outfit. Lastly, you grabbed your small handbag and left your apartment.

The comedy club was just down the street but you still had never been there before. You didn't know exactly what to expect but at this point, anything was better than sitting in your room all night.

You entered and headed straight for the bar where you got a glass of alcohol then headed towards a table by yourself. You watched all of the comedians come on the stage and occasionally laughed at their jokes.

It wasn't the best acts you've ever seen but the alcohol you had drank made it seem a bit better than it actually was. A little while later was finally the last act of the night.

A man who couldn't be much older than yourself stepped on stage. he wore gray pants, a black jacket, a white button-up, and a black tie. He had long brown hair that looked so soft that all you wanted to do was stroke your hand through it. The best part was his warm smile and eyes that shimmered with happiness.

"Hello everyone I'm Morris Talliver, it sure is an honor to be here tonight at this historic place, " he started. "I've been coming here since I was fifteen. I would sit in that seat every evening to see the legends on this stage, " he said while pointing to an area in the crowd. "I used to think..." he trailed off as his eyes met yours. 

You only blushed and looked down towards the ground. The others in the crowd were looking around, trying to see exactly what he was looking at. Eventually, Morris had shaken his head and repeated himself, "I used to think, I can do that."

There was a giggle from the crowd as he continued. His jokes were much better than any of the others and just his entire energy radiated positivity towards the rest of us. You smiled every time he would look over at you and fidgeted with the bottom of your dress to try and control the butterflies forming in your stomach.

Everything was going so well until two men sat down on either side of your booth. You tried not to think too much of it but you had started to get a bit worried. The smell of alcohol drifted from their breath to in front of you. You scrunched up your nose in disgust, just hoping that the show would be over soon.

You tried to focus on only Morris but every joke that he made would cause them to laugh much louder than anyone else. You anxiously bounced your leg up and down in anticipation. Finally, Morris was done and said his goodbyes.

You jumped up and tried to make your way out of the booth. "Where are you going beautiful, " the one man said while grabbing your arm.

"I'm just trying to get back home, " you respond while still trying to slide your way past them. The other man grabbed your ass which made you jump and try even harder to get out.

"Just sit with us a bit longer, let us buy you a drink, " he urged you.

"I would but I really have to get going now, " you insisted and tried to get his hand off of your wrist. All of a sudden you heard a voice from above you.

You looked up to see Morris talking, "you ready sweetheart, I was thinking we could get takeout food before getting back to our apartment."

You looked around confused and tried to determine whether he was talking to you or not. He motioned for you to just go for it and you eventually started to understand what he was trying to do.

"That sounds great, if I could just get through, " you said while looking at the man to your left. He stood up with an annoyed but also surprised face. You smiled and walked over to Morris who took your hand in his.

His palms were a little sweaty but you hardly minded because yours were probably just the same. To make it seem even more real, plus you secretly felt very safe with Morris, you placed your head on his shoulder as you walked. He hesitated for a second and looked down at you from the corner of his eye. He blushed and smiled while walking you out of the club.

Once you were outside you let go of his hand and looked up into his hazel eyes which seemed more brown in the dark lighting. "Thanks for saving me in there, " she muttered shyly.

"Oh it was um...nothing really, " he said while switching between looking at you and the ground. You smiled and brushed your hair out of your face before reaching your hand out.

"I'm y/ln, well uh y/n y/ln. And um thanks again, " you said. He took your hand and replied, "I'm Morris, Morris Talliver."

It was silent for a minute but you broke it by quickly hugging him. He stiffened up from shock but eventually softened into it. He was quite tall so your head was in his chest for the entirety of the hug.

You eventually pulled away and looked towards the ground, "sorry I just couldn't stop myself. I should probably head home now."

You started to turn around but felt Morris' hand wrap around your wrist, "I can walk you to your car if you want."

"No, it's really ok. I live just right over there, " you explained while pointing in the direction of your apartment.

"Even more then, it's late at night and I wouldn't want you walking alone, " he insisted. The smile on your face somehow grew even wider as you accepted his offer. 

While walking your hands once again managed to intertwine with each other. You meandered your way towards your apartment building as slowly as you possibly could. Once you got there you hugged just as before.

Once you pulled away Morris mumbled, "I uh...hope to see you again soon.

"I hope so too, " you stated before turning around and entering the building with the brightest grin spread across your face. Who knew such a terrible night could end so well.