Nightmares//George Weasley

A/n: An anonymous user asked me to write this so I hope you enjoy it. It is a bit sad but still :)

Also, if any of you guys have anything you would like to see written out feel free to message me even though at the moment I have a good amount of ideas <3

________________________________

It was years after the devastating war that took place at Hogwarts. Since then George and you had gotten married and had two children of your own. They were still young and normally slept in bed with you because you loved them too much to force them to sleep in their own beds.

It was late at night and George had woke up and turned to wrap his arm around you only to see that no one was beside him. Panic filled him up, his breathing quickened at the thought that something had happened to you and your children.

All of a sudden a black cloud flew into the room and a dark figure appeared.  It stepped closer so George reached to turn on the light that sat on the table beside his bed. He gasped when he noticed Voldemort was standing in front of him.

"Where are they, " George growled at him, trying to stay as strong as possible.

"Who, oh you mean that family of yours. You should know better than to marry a muggle-born, " he replied while stroking the end of his wand. "I got rid of them for you, maybe now you'll learn your lesson, " he cackled with an evil smirk spread across his face.

"Bring them back, " George yelled while grabbing his wand and quickly moving to sit up straight. Then all of a sudden he was no longer there. He was still in his bed but this time breathing heavily and drenched in sweat. It was all just a nightmare.

He turned to make sure you were there but he was again alone in bed. The panic started to return and once again fill him up. He jumped up and ran towards the hallway. He looked in every room hoping that you would still be awake and doing something else.

Finally, he got to the living room where he saw the lights were still on. He sighed from relief, "there you are love, I thought I lost you for a minute."

He waited for an answer but he was only left with silence. He moved to see the other side of the couch where you were laying down with your two children curled up beside you. George's lips formed into a smile at the precious sight in front of him.

He leaned down and lifted your kids, one in each arm. Their heads bobbed over his shoulder as he carried them back to their room. He placed your little girl in her own crib followed by your baby boy in the other. He gently placed kisses on each of their foreheads before moving back to get you.

He placed his arms under your body and lifted you bridle style. You fluttered your eyes open, being woken up from the sudden movement. You saw that it was only George so you wrapped your arms around his neck and placed your face into his shoulder. 

You quickly fell back to sleep while being brought to your bed and gently placed under the blankets. You felt George lay next to you and stare up at the ceiling.

He sighed and took in deep breathes, trying to ignore the nightmare that has been continuing to haunt him for months. You groaned and once again woke up, turning to face George. You saw the look on his face and immediately knew exactly what had happened.

You watched as a single tear fell down his face all the way down to the end of his chin. You moved towards him and pulled him into a loving hug. Your hands brushed through his soft ginger hair as you placed gentle kisses on his forehead. 

He started crying more into your chest, unable to stop the tears from flowing. It pained you to see him so depressed every night.

You backed up slightly so you could wipe the tears from his face and look into his hazel green eyes. "What's wrong love, " you whispered even though you knew the reason.

"I had the nightmare again, I woke up and you were gone. He took you and there was nothing I..." he trailed off at the end and started to cry even harder.

You pulled him back into your chest and rubbed his back softly. You made calming shushing noises and whispered, "it's ok love, I promise nothing will ever take me away from you. 

He moves to wrap his own arms around you and holds on as if you'll slip away. "I love you y/n, I don't know what I'd do without you, " he choked out.

"You don't even have to think about it because as I said, I'll always be here George, " you responded as he started to relax in your arms.

Soon later he was back asleep and you knew it would be alright for you to fall asleep as well. You thought about everything you had been through over the past few years. George and you had started dating in both of your 6th year at Hogwarts. Back then you never imagined all the trauma you would go through over the rest of your lives.

You were just grateful to still have George because without him you knew that you would only crumble away. Plus without you, George would have lost both of the two things that were keeping him together. 

You kissed him once more on the top of his head and felt him nuzzle closer into you. A smile spread across your lips as you fell asleep in his arms.

____________________________

A/n: sorry it's a bit on the short side but I still hope you liked it. I was listening to Adele while writing this which was a mistake because I was super close to crying, but luckily I didn't because it wouldn't be the first time I cried while writing.