Chapter 25

=Alexandra POV=

We just looked at each other, frozen in time.

"Dad"

"Alex," he said, hugging me. He pulled back and kissed my forehead.

"You look so beautiful," he said, hugging me again. He pulled back again.

"You've changed," and he hugged me again. I laughed and pulled back.

"You still look the same, dad," I said, looking at him up and down. He was still the handsome man my mom married. I got to say my dad is really handsome; he has jet black hair and a muscular body for a 59-year-old.

"Come inside, come," he said, hugging me and bridging me inside. The house looked different from the last time I saw it.

"Wow, the house looks nice," I said, looking around.

"Yeah, we kind of changed it, but your room is still the same," he said, sitting down on the couch I sat next to. Bryan and the twins sat in front of us.

"How have you been?" he asked, still hugging me from the side.

"Good ig I've met some great friends and have my own house and money," I said. He nodded.

"Wait, you're only 17; how do you have your own house?" he asked.

"Well, when I left, I got kidnapped."

"What! Did they do something to you? You should've never left," he said, his eyes getting glossy.

"Dad, they didn't do anything; I actually became friends with them, and they helped me a lot," I said, looking down at my hands.

"But how can you become friends with your kidnappers?" he asked.

"Look, I know it's hard to understand, but I can't tell you anything."

"Ok, we will talk about this another time. Now, can you tell me why you left? We looked for you everywhere but couldn't find you. I thought you were dead," he said with a single tear left in his eyes.

"Dad, I left because I couldn't deal with the abuse I was getting," I said.

"What do you mean?" "Who was abusing you?"

"In school, people bullied me and abused me."

"Oh, my baby, why didn't you tell me? I could've helped you, and you could've told your brothers," he said, hugging me tighter. I looked up at Bryan and saw him looking down in shame.

"I was the one that bullied her," Bryan said. My dad looked at him.

"What?"

"I bullied Alex, along with the rest," he said. My dad stood up and went up to him. I stood up just in case something happened.

"You bullied your sister, you fucking bullied your sister!" my dad yelled, grabbing Bryan's arm and yanking him up. He took him by the collar. I ran to my dad as well as the twins.

"Dad, stop. Let's talk this out. Fighting is not the way," I said.

"Why would you do that to your sister, grown men like you bullying a little girl, your sister?" my dad said, ignoring my words.

"Dad, that was in the past; please let him go and let's talk about it," my dad threw Bryan back down and came back to the couch.

"Like I said, that was in the past; me and Bryan are good now, dad."

"Ok, but why would you do that? "What was the reason?" (I read this in a cardi-b voice.)

"I was hurting because of mom's death. I kept blaming myself; I couldn't keep up with the pain, so I started taking it out on Alex for no reason," Bryan said quietly, still looking down. My dad looked at him and sighed. He stood up and went and hugged Bryan.

"Bryan, it wasn't your fault; it was an accident."

"I know, but if I just didn't call her and argue with her, then it wouldn't have happened," Bryan cried.

"Son, remember the other driver was high; it wasn't your fault," my dad said, hugging Bryan closer to him and giving him a kiss on top of Bryan's head.

"I know losing her was hard, but never take your anger out on your family. Come to us and ask for help. That's what family is for," dad said.

"Thank you, dad, I'll clean myself up," Bryan said as he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and left upstairs.

"Thank you, dad," I said, sitting down with him.

"I'm so sorry I failed all of you," he said.

"If I were there for all of you, you wouldn't have to go through this all alone. I turned into a workaholic and wasn't there for you."

"Dad, we were all hurting, so don't blame yourself. And that's all in the past now," I said.

"Yeah, dad, we understand," Jack said.

"You really all grew up," he said, smiling at us.

"Alex, honey, tell me more about you. I haven't seen you in a long time, and you've changed." I smiled and told him all about me. I didn't tell him anything about the mafia; I didn't want him to worry. He kept asking about me getting money. I told him that I have a job where I live with my friends. He believed me and told me he wanted to meet my friends. I felt so bad for lying, but it's for his own good. We spent the rest of the day talking and hanging out as a family. I missed this. I'm so glad I have my family back; even though my mom is not here, I still know she's with us.

Time flew by, we ate dinner that my dad cooked, and now it was 7 p.m. My dad asked if I could stay the night, so I said yes. I texted Ricardo and told him I'd see him tomorrow.

"Let me take you to your room," Dad said. I followed him upstairs and went to the pink door that had a butterfly hanging from it. He opened the door and went in. I followed him and saw the same room as the last time I was here. My light purple wall with posters of Harry Styles My bed had the same dark purple sheets, and my closet was the same. I saw the body mirror in the same spot and my drawer in the same place. And the flat TV screen on the wall.

"It's still the same," I said, walking to the middle and looking around.

"We cleaned everything for you," he said.

"Thank you, dad," I said, smiling at him and hugging him.

"It's so good to have you back, spaghetti. I missed you so much; don't scare me like that again. I laughed at the nickname my dad gave me. I was eating spaghetti when one came out of my nose; since that day, my dad has called me spaghetti.

"I missed you more, dad," I said. We stood there hugging for a while until he broke it.

"Ok, settle down, and go to sleep."

"Ok, thanks, dad, good night."

"Good night, spaghetti," he said as he walked out and closed the door. I looked around for a little while before deciding to take a shower. When I got out, I went into my closet and saw some clothes that looked like they still fit me. I took my gray sweater and my gray sweat pants and got into bed. I texted Ricardo, Zack, and Zoey goodnight before turning the lights off and falling asleep.

A/N: AHHHHH! We hit 1.1k votes! Thank you all so much for still reading; it means a lot to me. I hope this book keeps growing, and I hope all my readers like this book. Thank you again and enjoy Chapter 25! Oh, and I'm sorry that this chapter is kind of short. but I wanted to make this chapter only about them and her dad.