‣ five

┊✿┊

┊✿┊

beep! beep! beep!

"changbin!" soobin groaned, covering her ears with a pillow. "god damn it."

she reluctantly got up from her bed and looked at her own alarm clock.

i still have twenty minutes until i have to get up for school!

she angrily stomped her way over to the elder's door, knocking and calling out his name. "changbin, your alarm's going off! wake up, it's so loud!"

met with no response, soobin rolled her eyes before announcing, "i'm coming in!"

and when she stepped inside, her jaw fell slack. one alarm clock near the door, two on his desk, two more on his coffee table, and three on the window sill. yet, he wasn't in sight.

"what the actual hell? why does he have so many alarms?"

while on the verge of throwing a child-like tantrum, soobin aggressively hit all of the alarm clocks until it was quiet again. a relieved exhale passed her lips and she turned to leave the room but something caught her eye.

on his desk sat a picture of a family of four at the beach. the frame was made from dark wood and had white checkers around with the letter c in the bottom right corner.

wanting a closer look, soobin stepped over to pick it up and softly smiled at the happy expressions. suddenly, an alarm clock that she had just happened to miss went off and it caused her to jump and let the frame slip from her grasp.

"fuck!" she exclaimed and hurriedly shut the clock off before going back to inspect the object. "no, no, no.."

several of the white squares fell off and there were cracks in the glass. with slumped shoulders, soobin sat on the ground next to it and exhaled.

"what am i gonna do?"

┊✿┊

soobin's heart felt heavy as she sat at her desk. she had no idea what to do with the broken picture frame. when the bell rang, she hopped out of her seat, ignoring the surprised calls from deokhye and jaehyuk, and went off to find changbin.

on the bridge connecting two of the buildings on campus was where she crossed paths with him.

"seo!" she tried to stop him, but all she got was a blank stare before changbin turned to walk the other way.

the boy made it a point to ignore her throughout the entire day, making her anxiety skyrocket.

that evening, she was sitting anxiously on the sofa waiting for him to get back from his part-time job. it wasn't long until the front door opened, revealing the boy of the subject.

"welcome back.." soobin trailed off as she stood.

changbin barely acknowledged the girl as he said, "i'm so tired. i'll take a shower in the morning."

"changbin—"

"goodnight."

and the bedroom door shut behind him, causing soobin to run her hands over her face.

the door opened once again. "hey, you didn't go into my room, right?"

looking up, there was a hint of distress on changbin's face. the younger was reluctant to speak but she put her pride to the side and bowed her head.

"i'm so sorry," her voice was small, and even though changbin was pissed, he felt himself soften at the sight. "the alarm clocks were all ringing so i went to turn them off, and.. i accidentally pushed the frame off of your desk."

"we agreed not to go into each other's room. you broke the rule and my stuff."

"i didn't mean to. i'll replace the frame and the photo is fine—"

"that's not the issue!" the boy practically yelled before shaking his head and exhaling. "forget it. what i say obviously doesn't matter."

he turned and went back inside, the slamming of the door echoing throughout the home. everything settled in at once and soobin's chest tightened.

for the rest of the night, she had trouble sleeping. she tossed and turned under the covers, the guilt continuing to eat her up until the sun rose.

┊✿┊

miki's commentary!
→ not my guy best friend agreeing that kim sunwoo is a fine, fine man.