‣ twelve

┊✿┊

┊✿┊

nothing much happened for the rest of the school day. other than deokhye gushing over changbin again and teaching soobin about the three girls they had seen on the first day of school.

the two of them along with jaehyuk were walking to the main hall to eat their lunches when a hoard of female students ran past them, making soobin almost lose her footing.

"oh my fu—"

"haha! where did little soobin learn that from?" jaehyuk snickered, covering the said girl's mouth with his hand.

she gave him a blank stare before turning to see just what the hell the girls were frantic over and immediately regretted it when she saw changbin's figure. she glanced away and to deokhye, whose eyes brightened up.

"i don't understand why he's so popular," soobin grumbled, earning a nod from jaehyuk.

she went ahead to sit at one of the tables (coincidentally, the same one minho was at this morning) and placed her food down. jaehyuk took a seat next to her and deokhye scrambled to take her place across from them.

"what do you mean?!" she exclaimed. "he's one of the top three boys in our school! and the rules are so tough too.."

soobin almost snorted. "rules? isn't that what those three bossy brats mentioned on the first day?"

deokhye leaned over and flicked the younger girl on the forehead, making her whine.

"watch your words, binnie. practically everyone in our grade is almost a year older than you."

she only pouted and rubbed the red mark.

"i'll explain it to you," deokhye continued. "there are currently three groups interested in changbin. first are the teachers' pets, and gyuri is the leader. chowon belongs to the naughty ones; the outlaw girls, i guess you could say. finally, there's aecha, the head of the group that's popular with the guys.

"those three cliques decided to manage all interactions with changbin. he's for everyone!"

soobin put her elbow on the table and her chin in the palm of her hand, a plain expression on her face.

jaehyuk mimicked her position but dramatically slouched his shoulders. "he's like a national treasure.."

"exactly!" deokhye pointed.