‣ eleven

┊✿┊

┊✿┊

the weekend was uneventful — changbin and soobin were both out working from morning to night on saturday and sunday.

monday came around quickly and soobin walked down the school hallway and to her locker where she unlocked it and pulled the door open.

as she did so, a bunch of toy insects fell out along with a piece of ripped paper. the sight of a black spider made her jumped a little but then her expression blanked.

"what the fuck?" she said under her breath, lightly kicking the toys with her foot. "where am i gonna put all of these?"

she kneeled down to pick everything up and attempted to shove them back into her locker before something red grabbed her attention. it was on the paper and it read, 'stay away from seo changbin or you'll regret it'.

"i already regret a lot of things," she murmured.

it was meant as a threat to her but nothing about it seemed eerie. she had dealt with scarier encounters and this would not make it onto the list.

changbin had practically the entire school at his feet, so there was no telling in who it could've come from. nevertheless, she glanced around and spotted the boy of the subject standing near the staircase.

he had an eyebrow raised in curiosity as he watched her stuff the paper in the pocket of her school blazer and shut her locker. she pulled her phone out, her eyes scanning the screen for a moment before it was tucked back into her pocket opposite of the one the note was in.

she turned her body in his direction and began to walk, stopping from deokhye's inquiry.

"where are you going?" she asked from the doorway of their class.

"minho texted. he has something for me," soobin told her friend.

"tell him i said hi. oh, do you have notes from yesterday's literature class?"

"yeah, they're in my bag. can you take it to my desk in the meantime?"

"of course!"

after deokhye patted the top of her younger friend's head, she nodded with a gentle smile and soobin was off. she passed changbin, whose eyes were unable to focus on anything else until she turned the corner out of sight.

he saw a torn letter feather to the ground from her pocket and he bent to pick it up.

why would someone threaten her? he asked himself.

a part of him said he didn't care what kind of situation she put herself in but the other worried for her, and the latter overpowered.

changbin crumpled the paper and tossed it into the nearby trash can, starting to head in the same direction as soobin. he followed her while staying on the second floor as she descended to the first.

she ended up in the main hall where minho was sitting at one of the circular tables, leaning back against the surface.

"what'd you get me? is it early new year money?" soobin beamed, approaching their senior.

minho snorted and stood up, placing a hand on top of her head. "of course not, soobinnie."

"show me~" nagged the girl as she repeatedly prodded his side with her finger.

changbin had a weird feeling in his chest. he wasn't sure whether if it was because this was the first time he'd seen her act so childish and comfortable or if it was her and minho's interactions with each other.

minho pulled something out from his backpack and held it out to her.

a can of.. milk tea?

"i was at the store earlier, so i bought you this," he said.

soobin's eyes brightened and she happily took the drink.

"you really are my best friend!" she laughed. "i'm so happy, i could kiss you!"

changbin saw minho raise one of his eyebrows. "what's stopping you?"

the second year's breath hitched as he anticipated soobin's next words, crossing his arms over his chest.

"oh, shut up," she rolled her eyes. "i need to get back to class and you should too."

"yeah, yeah, go ahead, scholar. i'll see you around."

soobin turned to leave, waving at minho over her shoulder before happily skipping back to her classroom. she opened the can on her journey and contentedly sipped on the beverage, quietly humming a tune to herself.

min is such a flirt, she thought to herself as she entered her class. sometimes i think he actually likes me.. but that's just his personality, i guess.

soobin made eye contact with deokhye who had an eyebrow raised and a suspicious look on her face. her foot tapped against the floor and her arms were crossed over her chest.

"..what?" soobin questioned slowly.

jaehyuk was just sitting at his desk and watching his friends silently, twirling a pen between his fingers.

"i found something interesting in your backpack," deokhye began and slipped out a black notebook from soobin's bag. "seo changbin's—"

"shh!"

soobin's eyes widened and her free hand covered deokhye's mouth. the elder rolled her eyes and took her hand off, waiting for an explanation.

"um, i.. come with me. i can't talk about it here."

she gestured her and jaehyuk to follow her to the empty rooftop. the door shut behind them and deokhye held her hand out.

"explain, soobin. are you dating him?"

"w-what?!" she almost cackled. "hell no!"

"then why is his notebook in your bag? you don't have the same classes as him."

with a sigh, soobin began to explain everything from the beginning. from getting the keys to her first apartment to finding out changbin's her housemate to now.

"so you're not his girlfriend?" deokhye asked.

"definitely not. he's such a jerk.."

jaehyuk pursed his lips. "if he tries anything, call minho. he'll beat him up. don't call me because i'll be too scared to go against him."

the mood lightened with that and the three of them laughed together.

"wow, i didn't imagine changbin to be like that," deokhye shrugged.

"guess he's not what you thought of him," said jaehyuk.

┊✿┊

miki's commentary!
→ why are people still reading my stories they're so inconsistently updated HAHHAHA