‣ six

┊✿┊

┊✿┊

"sorry to keep you guys waiting. deokhye, where's your lunchbox?"

soobin sat down at the outside table near the soccer field that her friends were already at. deokhye shrugged her shoulders at her question, taking out a couple of things from the plastic bag in her lap.

"i just felt like changing it up, that's all," she answered.

jaehyuk scoffed with a grin. "i know what you're trying to do."

"uh oh.. busted!" deokhye laughed out.

confused as ever, soobin raised an eyebrow.

"seo changbin buys bread from the store at lunch too," jaehyuk added. "she's trying to get close to him there."

"wow, jaehyuk! you're amazing! you know, he lost his parents in a car crash when he was younger — that's why he always buys his lunch."

soobin stopped sipping on her drink and her eyes snapped up to deokhye's.

"didn't you know? most people do," she continued.

the girl slowly put the carton down on the table and let her gaze fall. soobin had no idea, yet here she was being ignorant.

when he had to work and save up on his own.
"can't you ask a relative for help?"
when her mom was calling.
"i think someone's calling you.. you should answer it."
the distress in his eyes when he found the shattered frame.

everything fell into place and soobin got up from her chair, gathering her belongings.

"soo? where are you going?" her friends questioned.

"i— um, i have to finish work i forgot to do before the next class. i'll see you guys later!"

when her classes ended, soobin was quick to exit the school. her phone was unlocked in her hand, a page of all the antique and thrift stores in the area on display.

she tucked her free hand into the pocket of her coat and began walking, heading to one of the many shops.

┊✿┊

"excuse me," soobin politely called out. "do you have anything similar to this? there's a c here.."

she held a picture of the broken picture frame up to the store owner, eyes lighting up with hope when the man answered, "we actually might. follow me."