‣ eight

┊✿┊

┊✿┊

the next morning, soobin was already awake and sitting at her desk. she wasn't able to get any sleep during the night, so she resorted to placing herself in front of her laptop and playing around with her music software.

when the clock hit seven, she saved whatever progress she made on the track and shut her computer off, closing it and going to the kitchen. she opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. she went to close it but the carton of milk stopped her from doing so.

the realization hit her and her furrowed eyebrows softened. "what a bad liar."

after washing up and changing into her school uniform, she was greeted by changbin who sat at the dining table once again, chewing on a piece of toast.

"morning—"

"ah!"

soobin groaned at the impact she felt as the result of tripping over changbin's backpack. she was too busy rubbing the tiredness from her eyes to be aware of her surroundings.

the bag's owner stifled a laugh, looking over. "you okay there?"

she pushed herself up with her arms and sat on her legs, frowning at the mess made up of her and changbin's school bags.

"my bad.." soobin said before rearranging their belongings.

once she finished, she stood up a little too fast, making her feel lightheaded, and her vision turned black for a moment.

"woah, calm down," changbin told her and rushed out of his seat to hold her arm. "what's wrong with you today, clumsy? you okay?

she nodded and sent him a small smile of gratitude. "i just didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

he narrowed his eyes at her, raising an eyebrow as he playfully said, "were you up thinking about if i like you or something because of what happened?"

soobin's face flushed at the suggestion and looked at him, bewildered.

he continued to laugh. "don't be concerned. i have no interest in you, remember?" then he patted her back (a little too harshly) and straightened his posture.

"right.." her voice trailed. "well, i'll leave first so i can get something at the store."

"try not to pass out in the street."

soobin rolled her eyes and bent down to grab her backpack, slinging it over her shoulder.

"see you later, seo."

with that, she left the living room, stopping to put her shoes on before heading out.

soobin bowed at the cashier and took the can of royal milk tea into her grasp. outside of the store, she spotted her childhood best friend walking across the road to her side.