‣ fourteen

┊✿┊

┊✿┊

tuesday, soobin got up extra early to pack up the dishes she prepared last night. she planned on visiting changbin after class to give him lunch as a show of gratitude.

when she reached school, she wasn't greeted by any of her friends but she paid no mind to it as she was much too tired to pay mind to anything.

"i can't believe changbin would choose her.."
"please, have you seen her friends? her best friend is minho! and she knows minhyuk, sanha, and moonbin!"
"i guess there goes my chance with her."

if soobin had puppy ears, they would visibly perk up at the not-so-hushed conversations she heard around her.

"hello, soobin!"

her head whipped around and she saw a group of girls she didn't know. nonetheless, she politely waved.

"oh, hi!" she greeted back.

one with shoulder-length hair shyly stepped forward. "we were curious.. how is it being with changbin sunbaenim?"

soobin was taken aback but then remembered that they were "dating".

"um.. it's good, i guess," she chuckled sheepishly.

"is he secretly really nice to the people he likes?" another asked.

"y-yeah," soobin glanced around. "listen, i have to get to class, and you guys should too! it was nice talking to you. have a good day!"

then she turned back around and continued her walk to her classroom, scratching her cheek in thought.

is school life gonna be like this from now on? she unconsciously frowned.

when she entered the room, everybody stopped and stared at her for a moment before they began to wave and tell her good morning. it was weird. even if she was friends with minho (one of the top three boys, as everyone says) and the other popular dancers, it wasn't like this.

it's probably because changbin's more.. sought after?

shrugging off the awkwardness and kindly responding to her classmates, her entire body filled with relief when she saw deokhye sitting at her desk.

"morning, deokie!" she happily said, skipping over to stand in front of her.

but in return, all she got was an annoyed look as deokhye got up from her chair and went to ask another student about the math homework.