‣ thirteen

┊✿┊

┊✿┊

changbin held soobin's hand until they were off school ground and away from any eyes belonging to their peers. he released his grip and took a few steps forward, turning to face her.

"okay, what the actual fuck was that?" the girl asked, partially changbin, mainly herself.

"i thought it over," the male said. "i realized that acting like strangers is almost impossible. if we pretend to go out, i have a reason to go to your place."

"and you run this by me after that whole scene?"

he shrugged his shoulders and faced the other way. "i have to go to work now. i'll see you at home."

soobin bit the inside of her cheek and called his name. he looked back with an expression of expectation.

"thank you.. for stopping them."

changbin was quiet for a second before he lightly chuckled and said, "even if i didn't come, you probably would have stopped them yourself."

he slipped his scarf off and tossed it to her, giving a small smile.

"hurry up and go or you'll catch a cold."

soobin nodded her head, tightly grasping onto the attire, and turned around. she walked a little bit until she heard a muffled thud from behind.

"oh my god," she intoned, seeing her housemate on the ground. "idiot!"

she rushed over to him and kneeled, shaking his unconscious body. upon receiving no response, she hurriedly wrapped him back up in the clothing he'd lent her and dialed 119.

┊✿┊

leaning back in the uncomfortable chair with her arms crossed over her chest, soobin sat in korea university guro hospital. the room was void of other patients and the curtain was pushed to the side, giving her a clear view of the door and vacant bed.

she glanced over at changbin's sleeping form and sighed out as the doctor approached them alongside a nurse.

"don't worry, he's just tired from work. he hasn't had enough sleep lately from the looks of it," he told her. "most likely undernourished, so if he eats properly and rests for a few days, he'll be fine."

soobin thanked the doctor and he continued to talk, telling her about how he got in touch with his emergency contacts and that they should be arriving soon.