Arriving In Greed Island

A/N:
I lowkey wanna discontinue this book😔but I swear imma finish s4😤

YOUR POV:

I walked down the spiral staircase to see Killua and Gon waiting for me. "Hey!" I greet them"took you long enough." Killua growled"sorry for being so. I just don't trust this." I tell him"Killua,don't be mean to Y/N." Gon pouts,I smirk and put my arm over Gon shoulder"yea Killua listen to Gon~." I tease the boy as he rolls his eyes. "Whatever...so it's either that way or this way." He says changing the subject. "How'd you know?" Gon hums as I take my arm off of him"from that direction,I get the impression we're being watched. Since observing consumes energy and attention,there's a good chance it's from a town. The real question is,why are people watching us? If we're able to detect them from this far away,they can't be good." Killua explains"so which way should we go?" I asked"this way!" Gon exclaims pointing towards the left,while Killua points to the right. The two then look at me for the tie breaker"sorry Kil,imma have to go with Gon on this."

"This way!" Gon declares marching off"d*mn..."Killua muttered"hey,it's ok Kil. Oh,maybe this game will be your chance to get with Gon~." His cheeks turned a light pink"I might've said what I said,but I'd never get with him." I snap my fingers"ah,so your gay and homophobic." Killua glares at me slightly as he makes his way up front towards where Gon was.

"How many cards did ya get?" He asks"oh,it was just a message. Ging told me to enjoy the game." Killua sighed"guess we're starting from square one...I don't feel like I'm in a game." He states"I do! And I hate it!" Killua looks at me"haven't you always wanted to be in a video game,anime or show?" I shake my head"not really. I never owned a video game console,my friend did." He then puts his arms behind his head"d*mn you people are boring."

"IT'S NOT OUR FAULTS WE WERE POOR!" Killua snickers"what did you two think of the rules?" Gon asks"we don't know how to get items. We need to find a town,usually you'll find most of your information there." Gon suddenly stopped walking"what's wrong?" I asked"I just heard something from above us." A flash of blue and white soon makes it's way to the ground and lands in front of us. The smoke clears to reveal a player. He looked around"this is the prairie near the starting point. Is this your first time playing the game?" He looked at the three of us. I grabbed hold of my knife,yet kept it hidden. Something was off about this man.

"How did you know?" Killua hums. "You must be a player to,right?"

The man laughs and pulls out a card"possibly." His book then begins to flip at he places the card into it. "Gon,Killua and Y/N,huh?" I narrow my eyes at him"how the h*ll do you know our names?" I growled as his book flips once more and he trades out cards. "TRACE ON! ATTACK ON KILLUA!" A light then flew from the card towards Killua,the man laughed as Killua tried to get away. "IDIOT! HOW EXACTLY DO YOU PLAN TO ESCAPE A SPELL FROM THE GAME?!" I then teleported behind him and pulled my knife out. I held it towards his neck,though sadly,I was a little to short to reach it.

"You got five seconds to say what you did to Kil." I growled as he froze up,clearly phased by the fact I was once in front of him. "What did you do to me?" Killua growls as I hear the grass shuffle"3...2-"

"RETURN ON! MASADORA!" Suddenly he disappeared like how he entered. "What a pussy." I growled"don't say that around Gon." Killua growls"my bad!" I say closing my knife"slip of the tongue." Gon didn't seem to notice and continued towards the town,which honestly wasn't that far away.

"Do you feel anything strange?" Gon asks us as we make our way down the hill"no." Killua and I say"it's probably nen." Killua shrugs it off"it feels like a in game. Remember that guy,once he pulled out a card he said 'trace on',it's probably a magic ability from the game."

"I wonder what type." Gon hums"I don't feel any difference since we entered. I guess we'll find out eventually though. Good thing is,since it's magic from the game,we'll be able to use it to." When we entered the town it seemed like something straight out of Fairy Tail(I never finished it and never will). The town was clean and there seemed to be a mission wall. Gon has found a schedule and it seemed to peak the boy's interests. "Excuse me,what's the date?" Gon asked a older man who was also looking at the board"September 11th."

"The tournaments are held every 15th of the month. For September it would be the 'Sword Of Truth'." Killua says"wonder if it's important." I glanced around"there's a lot of people here. Seems like everyone's interested." Gon and Killua seemed to pick up on it as well"should we join?" Killua nods"since it's janken,everyone has shot at winning."

"It would wise to do missions to earn items before the tournament." I tell the boys"true." Gon agrees"also,we need to gather information." That's when Gon and Killua's stomachs growled with hunger. "Let's go get you two some food and then we'll go." I suggests taking their hands and dragging them over to a restaurant.

At the restaurant

"If you three can finish eating that in 30 minutes it's free. I'll also give you the garugaida boost...and start!" Killua and Gon dug in immediately while I sweat dropped"how'd I get roped into this...?" I mutter staring at the large mountain of spaghetti. "Sir,do you know how many people participate in the monthly tournaments?" Killua asks"instead of wasting time talking,you better get eating! But I think this month is special,the numbers can be less than 10 participants. But since this is September,it'll probably be over 1,000 participants."

"Do you know how to use magic?" Killua hums with his mouth full"magic,what's that?" The cat asked"who's the most knowledgeable person?" Gon asked"knowledgeable...what's that?" I was starting to get ticked off by this man cat person thing.

We had all finished our meals. "I'll bring the prizes." He says walking off as Gon leans towards us"that guy doesn't understand anything,huh?" Killua shakes his head"he's a gamer character,a NPC. He can only answer a few predetermined questions. And if he doesn't know the answer is response is 'what's that'?"

"I guess we'll have to question the whole town." I say taking a sip from my drink. "What?! Are games that tiresome?!" Gon exclaims"sometimes." I answer"most RPG's are like this." The cat NPC then returns with the cards. We all stared blankly at the card"I'm so lost." I spoke up"ah,you're foreigners. It sounds like this is your first time obtaining a card." He then goes on to explain how to card works,and the card he gave us was useless. "Thanks for the meal!" Killua tells the man as he waves his hand at us"hold a on sec! The pasta was free. But the drinks you ordered were not,so that'll be 1,000 jenis." Killua opens his bag and pulls out a 10,000."

The man didn't accept it though,because he couldn't understand. He then shows us a card and tells us that's where the money comes from,but uh...we didn't have a card. And that's how we got stuck on cleaning duty.

"Geez,this game went far with making money into cards." Killua admits"how do you get change back then? If you paid with the paper money,you would've needed to get about 9,000 jenis back. We would've gotten about 12 cards for change. We have to put it into the binder to use next time." Killua nods"we got 45 slots."

"And if we got 12 then we would only have...uh..."I trail off"33?" Killua hums"hey!" I yell"I was getting there!" He smirks"sure you were...but we'll need those slots for other items besides money. We dont even know how to get money either."

"How do you usually get it?" Gon asks the game expert(Killua). "Usually by killing a monster or something,or even missions." "Why do monsters have money on them?" Gon asks"I don't know!"