Chapter 46

[Continuation]

"Y-Yeah. She's my daughter's friend. A very close one."

I frowned. Daddy knows that Abby is not just a friend to me. She's someone special. She's my suitor for pete's sake!

I gave Dad a disapproval look but he just comforted me by giving my shoulder a warm tap and giving me his best smile that he truly knows I can not resist. Hays.

Siguro hindi pa siya ready para ipaalam sa mga business partners niya 'yung gender preference ng anak niya. It's actually sad but I understand that. I understand him.

This is my first time. No, actually, this is all our first time. Dad having a not-so-straight daughter which is me and me being a not-so-straight daughter for them.

But they understand me and I will do the same to them. After all, I know it's not that easy to cope up with this whole thing.

"Oh. By the way iha, I am Carlos. Just call me Uncle Carlos 'cause pretty soon you'll b—"

Naputol ang dapat sanang sasabihin nito nang biglang nag-ring ang phone nito.

"I'm sorry. Just a minute, just gonna answer this."

The old man left to answer the phone call and I am left with my Dad who's now seems to be tense.

I tapped his right cheek, "Dad, are you okay?"

He looked up to meet my eyes. I can't read his gaze but I know it's telling me something.

"You love Daddy, right?" he grabbed my waist and pulls me to sit on his right leg which is currently covered with his black slocks.

Some of you might find this awkward but Daddy always do this to me and my other siblings since we were born. It's his way of showing 'lambing' to each one of us and this has been a habit so I don't feel uncomfortable with Dad, doing this.

In fact, I find this one a way to be more closer to him.

"Dad, what are you saying? Of course, I love you. You're the best Daddy I know. And you will always be the best." I snuggled close into his neck and heard him sighed before speaking again.

"Good to know. Because I'll be arranging you to a marriage contract. And we will do the marriage after you finish your colle—"

I can't help my eyes to form bigger than the usual as I heard what he said.

A what?!

"D-Dad... You can't be serious now, r-right...?" Nakatayo na ako at nakatingin ng diretso sa mga mata nito.

Hindi, hindi ito totoo...

This is so sudden. I don't know how to react. Everything is unbelievable!

Ang kaninang masiglang ngiting nakaukit sa mga labi nito ay wala na. Seryoso na lang itong nakatingin sa akin at hindi ko mabasa ang emosyon nito.

No!

"Dad, is this a p-prank? Dad, I know y-you're j-joking—"

Punong-puno na ng luha ang mukha ko at alam kong patuloy lang ito sa pag-agos. Hindi ko alam ang mararamdaman ko.

I heard someone speak from my back.

"He's not. And this is my son. He will be your partner in the marriage after you both graduate from college."