10

quick a/n: im back! haha. sorry for the long wait people, the virus is really takin a toll on me ~_~. if any of you lovely people ever need to talk about literally anything, you can dm me on here! <3

- - - -

travis and i walk down the stairs, hand in hand. we arrive downstairs to find noah on the couch, watching rick and morty on the tv. he glances up at us with a lazy smile when he notices our presence. is he high?

"hey noah! we were wondering if you wanted to go out to eat with me and y/n. we haven't asked the others yet, but we're about to." travis asks him as noah looks back up at the tv. its hard to tell if noah was thinking, or just completely ignoring travis' question.

"i think i'll sit this one out trav. im high as fuck, and also charlie might be coming over soon so i need to unlock the door for him." noah responds, to which i nod. he was high.

travis looks at me. "ok. you wanna go ask josh while i ask carson?" he questions with a sly smile. i nod my head in return and head upstairs.

travis, josh, and noah's rooms are upstairs and carson's room is downstairs, to the right of the living room. i know travis' room is the middle door in the hallway, and the bathroom is the door in front of his, so i take a 50/50 chance on the room closest to the staircase. i knock on my chosen door, and thankfully i hear josh say "come in!" from inside the room.

i walk in, met with an only slightly confused josh. "whats up?" he greets.

"travis and i are going out to eat, you wanna come with? noah already said no, but im willing to bet carson is going to say yes." i inform him. im hoping he'll go, because just three people might be awkward. i dont want carson to feel like a third wheel.

"sure! do you know where we're going?"

"im not sure, i guess we can discuss it when we know the guy's input?"

"alright cool, i'll be down in a little bit." he smiles at me. i turn to walk out, but he calls my name. "oh! and y/n?"

i turn around once again, my eyes meeting his. he looked more serious than before. "is it ok if we talk for a minute? i'm afraid we wont have a chance later tonight." he asks me, now im even more confused.

"y-yeah, what's happenin?" i stutter out, now getting anxious about what he has to say. does he not like me? did i do something wrong? did i embarrass myself yet again? before my conscience can completely take over, he starts talking.

"about what i said earlier, travis has actually gone trough some stuff you might not expect from him. about two years ago, before we were all moved in here, he had a bitch of a girlfriend. she would take advantage of him and his newly-acquired youtube money and fame. you're the first one since then, y/n. please treat him good."

my lips pull into a line as i hear his words. he's right, i really didn't predict this sort of thing happening to travis. "i understand, thank you so much for telling me josh. i'll be downstairs."

when i get back to the living room, i see travis and carson already chatting at the kitchen bar. "hey!" carson starts, then laughing his signature laugh. by the way travis is smiling, i guess he was probably laughing a minute ago too. "me and travis were thinking about going to olive garden. that cool?" he asks.

"yeah thats chill! josh is on his way down in a minute." i look at travis sympathetically, now knowing a little more about his past.

i sit on the marble countertop next to travis, as he continues his conversation with carson, and offer him my hand to hold. he glances over and happily takes it, smiling brighter than before. how could someone hurt this boy? he's so sweet and caring, this ex must seriously have some issues.

soon enough, josh comes striding down the stairs. "where we eatin', people?" he exclaims, grinning to us all.

"olive garden!" travis beamed, squeezing my hand a bit tighter. i cant help but smile.

carson, travis, and i stand up from our places on the bar, as the four of us make our way to the front door.