19

- - -travis pov- - -

after a long half an hour of listening to a whining dog in the backseat of a car, we finally arrive at the vet. before noah even has the car parked, i unbuckle and swing the car door open. i open the door to the backseat and hoist the whining dog in my arms. y/n follows close behind, as well as noah.

noah pushes open the glass doors for me, and soon enough we're at the front desk.

"s-someone kicked my dog, really hard, please can you help him?" y/n stuttered out, on the verge of tears.

"ok yes, have you been here before?" the lady at the desk answers. as they exchange information, a strong looking man comes from a door to the right of the vet office and holds his arms out to take cricket. we make the careful transaction, and in minutes the three of us are sitting in the lobby.

y/n turns to me with blood drying on her bottom lip; tears start rolling down her beat up face. i suddenly get very angry. who could do this to such an amazing person? i take her hand in mine.

i look over to noah with a "what do we do" kinda look. he shrugs his shoulders with a sad look on his face. i turn back to y/n, who's head is leaning on my shoulder. her eyes are shut and her breathing slowed, she might be asleep. i sigh and lean my head back.

- - -y/n pov- - -

my eyes shoot open, holy shit my face hurts. travis was gently shaking me awake, gesturing to the kind looking man who i assume is waiting on us. still holding my hand, travis leads me away from noah, who im guessing elected to stay in the lobby.

we follow the man to a small room, decorated with little bone and fish shapes on the wall. he closes the door behind us, and takes a seat on the rolling chair in front of us. me and travis sit on the two chairs that are behind a small table.

"hello, my name is mr. peterson, i'll be helping you today." travis and i shake his hand, then he continues. "cricket seems to have some internal bleeding, and you said he was kicked, correct miss?" i nod my head and he marks something on his paper.

"you seem to be a bit bruised up yourself mam, can you let me in on more of the situation?" he asks, eyeing travis.

"of course mr. peterson, um, me and travis here have an ex-friend. she came over the morning, got mad, then hit me. cricket can get protective, s-so when he started barking and snapping at her, she kicked him." i choked out.

"ok, would you like me to file a police report?" he asks, i turn to travis. he said he didn't want the police involved, so i'll respect what he wants. to my surprise, he nods his head. "sounds good guys, i'll be back soon." mr. peterson proceeds to get up with his papers and leave travis and i alone.

"are you ok?" travis asks me. he rubs my shoulder sympathetically.

"yeah, i think so. how come you suddenly want to get the police involved?" i ask, leaning into his touch.

"cause she hurt you."

- - - -

i'm at the guy's house, with a small suitcase full of clothes and toiletries. cricket has to stay overnight in the vet's office unfortunately, but if it makes him better, im ok with it. we decided it would be best for me to stay here for a while, sense liana knows where i live now.

after wiping blood from my face, i join the others on the couch. "so you think she really found y/n just by her license plate?" noah asks.

"i mean yeah, how else could she?" josh responds.

travis holds an ice pack i didnt know he had to my face. i flinch at first, but slowly ease into the ice. "does that mean she just drove all over town until she found y/n's car?"

"probably. that lady's crazy." the small chit chat continued for a while. in that time, i was given some anti inflammatory medicine by travis. soon enough, the topic of the police came up.

"i know we should probably call the police, but thats not what travis wants." noah says, a matter-of-factly.

"its ok, i told the vet to file a report." travis says, not taking his eyes off me. the others look surprised.