15

a ray of sunshine from the window bleeds through my eyelids. i groan and try to roll over, but a bear like hug keeps me in place. my eyes blink open, and i'm met with the sleeping face of travis. my heart skips a beat and i can feel my face heat up immediately. his arms are wrapped around me and my face is in the crook of his neck.

my face flushes even more when i think about what happened last night. are we really dating now, or was that just the sleepiness talking? i hope he really likes me.

my mind wanders to work, then home, then my dog. oh shoot! is he ok? he hasn't spent a night alone in a long time, ever since... i shake my head lightly, trying not to think about the past. i need to go check on cricket.

i try to wriggle out of travis' grip, but he groans and pulls me closer. welp, this is gonna be more of a challenge than i expected. i pull my arm out of his hug, and use it to gently pick up his hand, trying to unwrap myself. he groans again and rolls over, grabbing a wad of blankets and hugging it instead. i sigh and stand up.

after stretching my legs, i grab my phone from the bedside table and check the time, and my notifications. its 10:50, and the only notifications i have are from youtube and twitter. my brain ponders what to do next. i need to go home, i have laundry to do and i have to check on cricket. should i wake him up, or go downstairs, or do just wait?

i think i'll wait, im not in too much of a hurry, and travis probably needs his sleep. i lay back down on his bed, wish my phone this time, and mindlessly scroll through twitter. travis rolls back over and his arm flops around my stomach similar to before. a ghost of a smile appears on his lips, and he scoots over closer to me, wrapping his arm around me tighter.

"..y/n..." travis murmurs, his eyes slowly blinking open. my eyes meet his, and his grin widens.

"hey trav, good morning." i speak softly, a smile quickly appearing on my face as well.

"how long can you stay?" he asks, obviously still half asleep. his eyes close again and he raises his head to lay on my shoulder. i use one hand to run my fingers through his curly hair.

"i dont know, but i cant go home late. i have chores and a dog to feed." i respond, sitting down my phone.

"mm, you should just live here..." he says, i smile.

"haha, sure trav."

- - - -

me and my new boyfriend sit at the kitchen bar and eat cereal, where we're joined by a sleepy noah.

"so what'd you guys do last night, huh?" noah says with a sly smile. i snicker, but travis looks like he almost spit out his cereal and his face is red.

travis quickly swallows his bite and turns to noah. "oh my gosh man! we didnt do nothin nasty bruh!"

my cheeks get dusted pink but i laugh it off. noah laughs too. i take the last bite of my cereal and drink the milk, then place my bowl in the sink.

"so how long ya staying y/n? me and the boys were plannin on goin to the park with our friend cooper later, and probly get terrible food at the snack bar." noah asks, standing up to pour himself coffee.

i lean on the bar and think. "what time do you think you'll be back?"

"i dont know, depends on everyone else i guess. probably before dinner if i had to guess."

"oh ok, do you know if the park allows dogs?" i ask, taking my seat next to travis, who was finishing up his last bite of cereal.

"i guess so, there's a dog park. cooper likes to go there to skate though." he answers, leaning on the counter in front of me and travis.

"sick! i got a puppy at home that's probably really lonely. a trip to the park will surely cheer him up." i smile.

travis and i clean up the kitchen. we all agree that me and travis will stop by my apartment to pick up cricket, and maybe get me a change of clothes, then we'll meet the rest of the gang at the park.

in the car, travis keeps gushing about how much i'll like cooper and how cool this park is. he also cant wait to meet cricket. "i saw the picture you sent me and he's just soooo cute! i cant wait to see the pupper in real life."

"haha yeah, he'll be excited to see you too! he's super friendly." i say, turning into my neighborhood. "did you say there's a skate park? maybe i could bring my board too."

travis' face lights up immediately. "you skate too? aw man thats awesome!"

"thanks! im not super good, but its fun. we're here by the way." i say as i unbuckle and open the car door. we walk inside, where we're greeted by a very happy cricket.

he sprints up to us, and sniffs me intently before running up to travis. cricket's tail wags super fast while he pants and sniffs travis. he's a big dog, when he's standing normally he reaches my upper thigh.

"awwe hes so cute! what breed is he?"

"he's a bernese mountain dog. he was a gift from my mom." i say smiling at the memory.

i change my clothes into something not smelly, grab my board, and grab cricket's leash. we hook everything up, get a kiss on the cheek, and head on our way.