4

we continued to play for about an hour and travis ended the stream. it seems like that was it, just a one-time interaction. well, thats ok i guess, i got pretty lucky if you ask me. i got to do what many people could only dream of.

- - - - -

work. it sucks. i wake up similarly to how i did yesterday, feed cricket, feed y/n, get cleaned up. i put on my waffle house uniform and put on a tiny bit of makeup so i dont look trashy.

working is boring, its just the same thing every day for minimum wage. i mindlessly refill the syrup containers until i hear the bell ring, signifying we had a costumer. i walk up to the bar seat they had chosen to take their order.

"welcome to waffle house, how may i help you?" i look up to get a better look at the costumer. "oh my gosh. you're travis! i played phasmophobia with you last night. what a coincidence!"

he looks up too. "holy- wow. actually?" i think  see his cheeks turn pink, but im assuming it's just from being recognized in public.

"yeah! i had a great time. anyway, what would you like to drink?" i chuckle and write down his order, then take it to the open kitchen, which was only about ten feet away.

i turn to look at him again, and i catch him staring at me. now it was my turn for my cheeks to turn pink as well. i hurriedly look down and bring travis his drink, and he thanks me quietly.

after doing mindless chores and giving him a minute to read the menu, i walk back over to him. "hey! are you ready to order?"

"um, yeah i think so." he looks down at the menu, then back up at me and our eyes meet.  "can i have the all-star breakfast please? with sausage, and my eggs over-easy."

i nod as i write down his order on my small note pad. "yup. is that all?" we smile at each other as he says, "uh huh."

- - - - -

i go to clean up travis' table after he left. as i pick up plates and cups, i notice a five dollar tip on top of a napkin that says 'dm me :)'. i smile and blush at the unexpected note, stuffing the napkin into my pocket and wiping down the table.

why would he me want to dm him? maybe it was to talk about the strange coincidence the just happened today. or maybe it's going to be about terrible service or something. mentally, i scratch out the last thought, because i dont think he would be that rude. from talking to him last night and briefly today, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. he wouldn't go out of his way to tell me about my terrible service.

six o'clock. finally my shift is over. the empty tables have been cleaned, the kitchen counter disinfected, and the various condiment containers have been refilled. i walk outside and get into my car, anxious for the possible conversation i'll have with travis when i get home. thankfully i live fairly close to work, and i get home soon.

four red-lights and five shitty radio songs later, i arrive at my apartment. cricket greets me at the door while im taking off my shoes. "hey cricket! whos my pretty puppy?" i talk to him in a baby voice and smoosh his face around, his tail wags and tongue sticks out.

i walk to my room, cricket following me, and change out of work clothes. while cricket makes himself comfy on my bed, i hop on my pc to dm travis.

y/u: hey, i got your note :)

he responds about a minute later.

traves: hey!! hows you?

y/u: im doin guud. just got home from work. whatd u wanna talk abt?

traves: nuthin rly, jus wantsd to talk to u. u were rly cool yesterday, i thot mabe i could get to know u better and  we could maaaabey be friends??

y/u: wow really? that would be cool, you're a pretty cool too haha

traves: also i think you were hot today at waffle housg3bjnlp70/]

i blush at the message. but what was the spam at the end? before my confusion could get worse, he quickly sent another message.

traves: OMG IM SO SORRY THAT WASNT ME I SWEAR

traves: THATS MY FRIEND IM SORRY

y/u: lmfao its ok

i laugh at what just happened, and after a minute or so of mindless chatting he says he has to go. i tell him bye, and he sends a smiley face which makes butterflies erupt in my stomach. why do i feel this way around him? i cant like him, can i?

- - - - -

thank you so much for reading! more will be out soon! i promise! <3