9

the rest of the movie was just as scary, if not worse. i kept leaning into travis at the suspenseful parts for comfort, and he didn't seem to mind one bit. in fact, a few times he would gently rub my upper arm or grab my hand after a jump scare.

after the movie though, its only five-thirty so we have to find something else to do. travis grabs my hand and leads me up the stairs to his room once again, and shuts the door behind us.

"what did you have in mind to do?" i ask him, wondering what thing he could possibly want to do in his room. there's only his computer and bed, it's otherwise pretty bland.

"i just thought that maybe we could get to know each other better, because like, we've only known each other for a few weeks, ya know?" he says shyly, grinning while he talks. we sit down on the carpet, leaning against the frame of the foot of his bed.

"of course!" i smile back a him. "i uh- i mean thats cool." i stutter; i can feel myself getting slightly anxious.

"soo.. i already know a few things, but there's this one thing i've kinda been worryin about," he starts, "i know you've watched my streams on twitch, but, how long have you watched me?" he asks, a worried expression on his face.

i decide to answer honestly. besides, if we're actually going to be friends, he needs to know these sorts of things to make sure im not a crazy stalker fan. "well, i was watching your content on youtube and twitch for about two weeks before we met. a compilation of your videos came up in my recommended one day, and i was like, 'hey, this guy's pretty funny, i'll look up his channel.' and so i did, then i found out you had a twitch, then blah blah blah now we're here." i smile, hoping my answer is good enough for him. my hands start sweating again, so i rub them against my jeans from habit.

he smiles at me, as if it was the perfect answer. "cool! im so glad you're not weird like that. i mean, not that i thought you were or- you know, i mean you're really cool so i thought that you were ok because you never freaked out from just talking to me and stuff-"

"i know i know, its ok travis." i cut him off, saving him from his awkward rambling. he looks down and away from me.

"you know you're really cool, right y/n?" this catches me off guard.

"i- um.. thanks, i think you're really cool too." i respond. he looks up at me, face red. he puts his arms out for a hug, and i happily accept the offer.

the embrace feels like a long time, but i enjoy  it. he smells like pine trees and popcorn, that last scent left over from watching a movie a few minuets ago. i squeeze him tightly for a moment, then release. he looks at me with a sad expression on his face.

"hey, whats wrong?" i ask him, worried at his sudden change of emotions from just a minute ago.

"nothin, i was just thinkin." he responds, trying to smile. could this have something to do with what josh told me earlier?

"are you sure? we might not have known each other very long, but you can tell me anything." i try to comfort him, but i dont think he's buying it.

"im sure its ok. thank you though." he smiles again, and his attitude gets more cheerful. "we should eat out tonight! is that ok with you?"

"sure! i brought money, so we should be ok." i say as he stands up, offering me a hand which i gladly take.

"nah nah nah, lovely ladies dont get to pay for food. we got it." he grins, as do i, and we make our way down the stairs to invite the three other boys to dinner.

- - - -
a/n: thank you for reading pretty people! im sorry for the kinda serious chapter, more fluff in the next chapter i promise! anyway, i have a question for you lovely readers!

would you guys be ok if i formed y/n to have a specific past/history? or would it be better to keep it mostly vague to keep the reader insert more authentic? please let me know! this story is for you, after all. thank you! <3