11

me and travis hop in the backseats while carson drives and josh sits passenger to him. while the two up front talk, travis and i hold hands (we only stopped to get in the car) and talk about upcoming events.

"noah said charlie was coming over. whos charlie?" i question, worried about yet another boy coming into the scene.

"oh charlie! don't worry about him y/n, he just makes puns and plays video games." travis reassures me, calming my nerves.

"ah ok, thanks. i was just wonderin'." i respond.

i scoot closer to travis, but my seatbelt prevents me from getting any closer. travis watches, occasionally snickering at me. i give him a sly grin as i quickly unbuckle and switch to the middle seat, making our shoulders touch. i re-buckle-up in my new seat and lean on travis a little. he looks a bit flustered, but smiles brightly at me.

"whats your absolute crazy worst fear y/n?" the boy asks me out of the blue.

"you mean something physically scary, or like mentally scary?"

"either, i guess."

i hum to myself while thinking of a response. i tend to be very worried about what others think of me because of anxiety. its always been there; deathly afraid of embarrassment or being 'cringe', especially around people i look up to. i dont know if a psychological would be fun though, so i answer differently.

"the dark is pretty scary. also just suspenseful situations in general, like the outlast games are pretty freekin' bad." i answer.

"true true. i played outlast on stream once and screamed a bunch haha. it was fun though."

the car comes to a halt, and carson and josh jump out, soon followed by travis and i. we unlace our hands and both do our shared habit of constantly stuffing our hands in our hoodie pockets.

The group walks into the olive garden, and after waiting a few minutes for a table, we all sit down in a semi-circle booth. im on the far left, followed by travis, carson, then josh.

the waitress comes to take our drink orders, and i order first- just a water. the lack of response from the waitress confuses me, so i look up to see her, staring at the boys, and the boys staring back. travis' facial expression looks like he shit himself.

carson turns to travis. "we can leave, its alright. we can go somewhere else." he states quietly, just loud enough for me to hear. whats happening?

that waitress speaks up, "who's this, travis?" she gestures to me. something about her tone pisses me off. travis puts his head down, trying to avoid the confrontation.

i finally speak up. "whats going on?" i ask. josh looks at me funny, with an emotion i cant quite place.

carson speaks again, but louder this time. "we can handle this like adults, liana. we'll be leaving." josh stands up and scoots out of the booth, carson following close behind.

i scoot out too, travis staying very close to me, even when we're out of the booth.

"yeah, ok. run away like you always do!" the waitress, liana, almost yells at us, causing a few people to look over. josh looks pissed. he looks like he wants to turn around and punch this lady.

"come on, dont worry about it." carson says, reassuring josh more than travis it seems.

when we get out of the building, travis takes my hand in his, and squeezes it a little more than usual. his head is still down and he still hasn't said anything.

we get in the car, and we sit in silence.