12

"im sorry y/n." travis whispers. he sounds like he's either about to cry, or already is crying.

"dont be sorry travis, that had nothing to do with you." i reassure him. i lean him him and hold his hand a little tighter, trying to comfort him. "cooking at home might be fun too, unless you guys wanna go somewhere else that is." i suggest. cooking is fun, and doing it with friends is even better.

travis sniffles a bit. "yeah, that would be cool." i think i see a ghost of a smile on his lips.

"ok, home it is." carson reiterates as he starts the car. josh turns on the radio, probably trying to calm himself down.

"do you wanna talk about it?" i whisper to travis. he still hasn't talked and im worried about him.

"maybe later. thanks for being here and im sorry this happened. i didnt want it to." he whispers back. he sounds mostly better.

"please dont worry about it trav. we can still have a great night." i smile at him, and he finally raises his head and smiles back at me.

- - - -

we arrive home to noah smoking on the couch, in the exact same spot as when we left. this time, however, he's joined by a new face, who i'm assuming is charlie.

"woah you're back early." noah says.

"i'll explain later." carson responds, then turns to travis. "you wanna tell y/n? i mean obviously you dont have to, but she's probably really confused."

"yeah, i'll tell her." travis, who still hasn't let go of my hand yet, leads me upstairs to his room for the third time today.

we sit on his bed, he sighs, then takes off his hood. "i should've told you sooner. im so sorry y/n." he chokes out, about to cry.

"its ok, i understand. you didnt feel comfortable telling me, and thats alright. i hate that this happened to you." i say, trying to make him feel better.

should i tell him about what josh said? i feel like i should be truthful, but at the same time, i dont want him to get mad at josh or me. actually, he doesn't seem like the kind of person to hold that against someone. i'll be honest.

"actually, travis, josh told me a little about what happened." i say, making him look a little surprised. "i should've told you sooner, but he told me you had a bad experience with relationships in the past, and that i better treat you right. i assume that was your ex in the restaurant?"

"y-yeah it was. im sorry, i dont wanna really talk about it right now. can we go cook?" he says, then smiles at me, almost painfully. did i say something wrong?

"of course! lets go." i grab his hand, and we head downstairs to cook.

- - - -

we sit on the kitchen bar, now covered in various substances from our attempt at making beef wellington. it came out looking more like a soggy meatball than something edible, but we had fun so i guess its alright. i look over to see travis and charlie covered in egg.

"well that sure was egg-citing, wasn't it?" charlie remarks. i groan, but smile.

"yeah,  you could say that." i respond. "i need a shower. i think more egg ended up in my hair than on the meat." i joke, travis and charlie chuckle.

"you can use our shower if you want, but i dont know if anything we have will fit you." travis says.

"thanks! im sure its alright, i have an undershirt on, and surprisingly not much got on my jeans." i smile at travis and he smiles back, his cheeks turning a bit pink.

"ok, i'll be back soon." i say as i go upstairs to the shower.

i close the bathroom door behind me and lock it, just so nobody accidentally comes in. i undress and place my clothes and towel on the (closed) toilet seat.

they have a fancy shower, its a walk in one with beautiful tile on the walls and floor. i step inside and feel the hot water roll down my back and soak my hair. while i wash the egg and flour off myself, i think about things from home. i wonder if cricket, my dog, is ok. also my job at waffle house hasn't been able to keep up with bills lately, maybe i should get a second job? that would suck because then i would have little to no free time to hang out with my new friends or play games.

what about my feeling towards travis? there's definitely some sort of connection, i get butterflies in my tummy whenever he's around. hell, we held hands today for a while. just the way he looks at me sometimes, it makes me wonder if he's feeling anything more. am i feeling anything more?