8

- - y/n's pov: - -
i awkwardly take a seat on the large L shaped couch, on the segment josh isn't sitting on. my hands get sweaty, and i pop my fingers nervously. i see josh look up at me from the corner of my eye, i look back at him and our eyes meet.

"hey y/n?" he asks, which confuses me.

"yeah?"

"he really likes you, you know that?" he smiles solemnly. "please be good to him. believe it or not, he's gone through some stuff." i'm surprised to say the least, i never thought of travis going through something like that. i guess everyone has something, after all, i have something too. i'll get into that later though, i dont want to have negative thoughts at my friends house.

travis speeds down the stairs, carson following close behind. josh looks back at his phone, chuckling at either the elephant sounds coming from the stairs or something on his phone.

"noah will be down soon! lets choose a movie!" travis shouts, taking a seat next to me, our shoulders almost touching. carson sits on the other side of me and pulls up netflix.

"this is it, isn't it josh?" carson asks, a particularly creepy looking movie cover highlighted. josh nods and the movie is selected, but not started. both carson and travis get up to close curtains, turn off lights, and make popcorn.

about that time, noah struts down the stairs and joins me and josh on the couch. its hard to see the tv from where josh is sitting, so after he moves there's not much room for carson and travis when they come back.

a few minutes later, we're all squished up on the good part of the couch munching on snacks and bundled up in blankets. travis is to my right, and carson is to my left, and mine and the two boys shoulders are touching. josh is on the other side on carson, then noah on the end.

the movie isn't too exciting yet, but i'm very intolerant to horror so im sure it'll get bad soon judging by the creepiness of the movie so far. i think i jinxed myself because on the screen, the main character is walking through the dark house with a crappy flashlight while suspenseful music plays. it starts to get to me, not gonna lie. as if by habit, i lean into travis' side, slowly covering up my face with the blankets.

he turns to look at me slightly, so i look back up at him. our eyes meet. we both lean in slightly as i feel myself blush. i think i can make out a blush on his cheeks too; his face is only illuminated by the blueish hue on the tv screen. he keeps leaning down a small bit, and i look up at him. our faces are mere inches apart...

...

"EEEEEEEEKK!!!!!" the jump scare pierces through the room, making me jump in my skin. i've turned away from travis by this point, i can feel my fingers tingle and my breathing quicken. travis and carson both saw this happen, and they start snickering at me.

"thats not funny," i say, a fake exaggerated frown forming on my lips. they both laugh a little harder, making it hard for me to keep up my fake frown. by this time, josh and noah have heard the two laugh, and seem pretty confused as to what is going on. my cheeks heat up a little because of my slight embarrassment.

i hear carson explaining to noah and josh what just happened while laughing between every word, while i just sit, bathing in my embarrassment. i am slightly proud of myself for making them laugh, however. i haven't watched their videos for very long, but in the past month or so ive really gotten to know (or tried to at least) their sense of humor.

travis looks at me again, a smile still on his lips. i smile back at him, and stuff my face with popcorn. he snickers slightly, then does the exact same thing.