13

tw// marijuana consumption

i step out of the shower and dry off with my towel, and wring out my hair the best i can. i slip my undergarments back on, as well as my undershirt tank-top and surprisingly-clean jeans. i look in the mirror to see some wet hairs stuck down on my forehead, and my cheeks and nose a bit red from the hot water of the shower.

shivers crawl up my spine as i step out of the steamy bathroom. its getting later now, its about 9:15. i should probably be heading home soon if im being honest, i dont want cricket to get lonely or hungry.

while im walking down the stairs, the clear-cut smell of weed hits my nose. when i get downstairs, i see travis and noah smoking. i know travis smokes, we talked on the phone once while he was high, i just didn't expect him to do it now. i smoke occasionally, but i haven't recently because i didnt have enough money.

i take a seat next to travis. "you smoke, y/n?" noah asks.

"heck yea baby." i respond, as he passes me the joint. i gladly take it, and take a large drag. after holding the breath in for a few seconds, i exhale the smoke. niiiice. i hand the joint back to noah.

i cuddle into travis a bit, my damp hair making my entire body cold. i shiver. travis wraps his arm around me as he takes a bite of a pot brownie. i snuggle in closer and he offers me a bite. i open my mouth, he giggles and moves the brownie closer so i can take a bite.

about half an hour later, travis is laughing way to hard at something noah said. im, however, very snuggled up next to travis.

"you should spend the night..." travis giggles.

"i dont know, i've got a puppy at home that gets lonely." i respond. im starting to feel the edible kick in.

travis thinks for a minute. "surely he'll be ok for a night?"

"i dont know, if i stay i should probably text my neighbor." travis looks hopeful at his statement.

"yeah yeah! text your neighbor!" the look on his face is something you can't say no to. his cheeks are slightly pink, and the arm that's draped around me squeezes me a bit out of excitement.

i pull out my phone and text my neighbor, apologizing for the short notice and asking if she can feed and check on cricket. i think she'll answer, because despite being an old lady, she's constantly on facebook all night.

sure enough, i get a positive response a couple minutes later. i show travis the phone, and he gets ecstatic.

"y/n!! oh my gosh!!" he shouts, grabbing my free hand with his. "we can do so much stuff!! like hangout and play smash bros, oh my gosh.."

i smile at his excitement. i can feel my cheeks heat up and the butterflies in my tummy wake up. how is he so cute?

our eyes lock, and everything around us doesn't matter anymore. we both lean in, our faces flushed, and stop when our faces are inches apart.

"c-can i kiss you?" he asks. my face heats up even more, i must look like a tomato. i nod my head and our lips connect, sending sparks throughout my body. we break away and look into each other's eyes for a moment longer.

travis just smiles, and wraps his arm around me again. i snuggle up into his side, like i was before. something about this just feels right.