6

- - - y/n pov: - - -

it seems like thursday and friday were the slowest days of my life. ive been so excited to see travis again that work seemed twice as long. but today's the day.

cricket gets sad when he's alone for too long, so ive asked my sweet old lady neighbor to check on him around dinner time. im sorta worried about him because i only leave the house for work, and thats only for a couple hours. i live relatively close to work so i always come to check on him on my lunch break; he's never alone for more than about four hours.

its 1:30, and i got ready too early so now i just have to sit here for a few minutes if i want to be there at 2. i look up their address on gps, and im relieved to see they live only ten minutes away.

however, i am not relieved to see that it's raining. grabbing my rain coat, i say goodbye to my pup and get in the car. maybe to kill some time i could get them something sweet to eat? yeah, thats a good idea. i pull out my phone and get on discord mobile, and i message travis asking him what i should get.

y/u: travis! you guys like donuts??

expecting a yes, i start to drive towards the dunkin donuts. a song i enjoy miraculously comes on the radio, sticking out from the regular trash the station plays. after a couple minutes, i hear a ping, signifying travis' response. at a red light i decide to check it.

traves: YES. wait omg are u getting donuts?

y/n: noooooooo ;)

the light turns green and i put i phone down, and i pull into the dunkin donuts. i get a dozen donuts, half glazed and half powdered, and i make my way to my friends house.

- - - - -

the knocks on the door resonate throughout the house, and the butterflies are a storm in my stomach. what if he doesn't like me? when if i say something wrong? before my anxiety can truly take over, the door opens. im greeted with a huge, but gentle, bear hug.

"y/n!! i missed you!" travis says as he hugs me. after a few seconds of me being stunned, i hug him back.

"i-i missed you too travis. but what's up with the sudden affection?" i respond, truly confused at the sudden physical contact. he lets go, and i see the pink hue of his cheeks darken as i look into his eyes.

"o-oh im sorry, i just missed you." he says sheeply, i giggle at him. could he really miss me that much? we dont really know each other very well, and not long at that. "come in!" he smiles at me, and i feel my cheeks turn pink too.

he grabs my hand and leads me inside, our cheeks still pink. im greeted with a large, modern style room. the kitchen with a bar is too my right, and i can see the back of a large couch about twenty feet ahead of me. to my left, there is the start of a staircase the turns right and continues going up.

we walk forward towards the beige couch, where i'm greeted with josh and carson watching the flat screen tv ahead of them. i try to keep my cool, but a large smile escapes my lips and i turn back to travis. "its so good to see you again travis." he looks at me almost like he's surprised to hear it.

"im happy to see you too y/n!" he smiles back at me. at that, josh and carson turn to look at us. travis introduces me. "josh, carson, this is y/n. y/n, carson and josh." he look hopefully at the boys, but the two just stare in awe.

"TRAVIS BROUGHT A GIRL HOME!!"  carson screams out, startling me and travis. chaos ensues. josh laughs very loud while i hear someone stomp down the stairs very quickly. both travis and me blush while i turn to face the stomping, and im met with noah turning the corner, staring at me.

"OH MY GOD. LETS GO! HIT IT TRAVIS!" noah yells, which only makes josh and carson laugh even harder. i start to laugh lightly, my cheeks still red. travis, on the other hand, seems to be very embarrassed. his face is red and he looks slightly annoyed. he grabs my hand and leads me up the stairs to what i assume is him room, and he closes the door behind us.

"i-uh.. im so sorry about them, they're just messin around." travis stutters, obviously embarrassed at the behavior of his friends. he adjusts the hood on his head and fiddles with the strings, his face still red.

"its ok, i promise." i smile at him, and he smiles back. there's a few seconds of comfortable silence before he speaks up again.

"ok lets go do somethin!"

- - - -
~a/n: hey guys, i know not many people are going to read this, but to anyone who does, if you ever need advice or help, or just someone to talk or vent to, im here for you. please don't hesitate to dm me and we can talk whenever you want, about anything you want. :) ~