18

i wake up at home. mondays are the worst, especially after an amazing weekend. i do my regular routine of waking up, feeding cricket, then feeding y/n. i put on my waffle house uniform, then comb out my hair and put on deodorant. i still have about 5 minutes before i have to leave for work when im done, so i sit on the couch and watch the news. suddenly, there's a scarily loud know on the door, similar to how a cop knocks.

cricket steps up from his food bowl and starts growling at the door, unusual behavior for him. i peek out the blinds and peer around the edge. its liana? how did she find me? shit. while im looking at her she snaps her head in my direction, making me jump away from the window.

my heart speeds up thinking about what to do. do i call the cops? do i call travis? without many options, i choose the latter option. the phone rings for a minute, then he picks up sounding very tired.

"mm..? hey y/n. whats up?" he sleepily asks.

"travis, liana is at my door. she must have seen my license plate and figured i was here." there's a second loud knock, scaring me out of my skin once again. cricket starts barking at the door. "she wont leave, what do i do?" i frantically question.

there's roughly 30 seconds of silence, only broken halfway through by another one of liana's knocks. eventually he speaks up. "ok im gonna get noah up and we're gonna come over and make her leave. just don't answer the door, i dont think she'll hurt you but i just wanna be safe." he finishes.

"ok, i live at (address). please hurry."

i hang up and go into the back room, dragging a very unwilling and angry cricket with me. i lock the door to my bedroom as well, just in case. there are a few more angry knocks and the occasional, "i know you're in there!" but eventually i hear other voices, specifically noah's, so i decide its safer to come out.

i crack open the bedroom door and peer out; the muffled sounds of yelling get louder as i approach the front door. i open the door swiftly, where im met with lianas backside. she's yelling at noah and travis about god knows what. when she notices the door is open, she flips around and sticks her finger into my chest.

"AND YOU!" she yells, seemingly continuing whatever she was ranting about before i arrived, "YOU NEED TO BACK OFF! ALL YOU DO IS MESS SHIT UP, YOU DONT DESERVE HIM! YOURE JUST A MAN STEALING SLUT WHO CANT KEEP HER PAWS OFF ANYTHING SHE SEES." wow, this girl has issues. part of what she said hurt, but i won't focus on that right now. right now, i need to get her away from my house.

"can you please get off my property before i call the police?" i state, a bit of bitch in my voice.

"FUCK YOU ALL!" she screams, somehow louder than before. before i know whats happening, a punch is thrown my way, im on the floor, and my face hurts like hell. i sit up but stay down, my hand pressed to my face.

travis and noah try to run up to assist me, but they stop when i hear a low growl from behind me, one ive never heard come from cricket before. he jumps and snarls at liana, edging closer with every bark and snap. she suddenly looks terrified, her eyes widen and she takes a step back.

he gets closer, between me and liana. the hair on his back is raised. he snaps at liana again, making her flinch. she kicks cricket in the side then stupidly tries to run inside, probably to beat me up some more. cricket returns however, and lands a bite on her upper calf.

"OW, FUCK! GET YOUR STUPID DOG UNDER CONTROL BITCH!" she kicks him, hard. he lets out a whimper and tucks his tail between his legs. he staggers away, but noah run up and kicks liana in the back of her knee, making her fall.

he picks her up with ease, then tosses her on the butt next to her car that was parked carelessly on my lawn. she pulls herself up, flips us off, then speeds away leaving mud tracks in the grass.

this whole time i've been sitting on my ass just watching. like a switch in my brain, i sit up and run to my dog. he's laying down on the hardwood floor occasionally whimpering. my heart shatters into dust.

"we gotta take him to the vet!" i say, hoisting cricket up in my arms.

"what about you? you literally got punched in the face!" travis says, a very concerned look on his face.

"i'll be fine. please, let's go." i carry cricket to noahs car and lay him in the back seat.