16

hey lovelies! just wanted to let you know that im gonna be bustin my butt off to update more frequently. also, im thinking about making another book about charlie maybe? or maybe a one shot book. let me know please! :)

- - - -

we arrive at the park, where we meet up with cooper, noah, and josh. cricket is a well trained pup, so i dont have to hold his leash the whole time, i can just sit on it and he wont pull.

currently, we're all seated at a picnic bench close to the skate park. a few of us have soft pretzels or soft drinks from the snack bar, i have some nachos im sharing with josh.

cooper is already skating, and he skates on the sidewalk close to us then stops. "hey, y/n right? wanna join? i see you got a board there." he states, gesturing towards the board leaned against the bench.

"ok, trav can you hold crickets leash?" he nods and takes it, his mouth full of pretzel.

i take run up and drop my board on the ground, then jump on it. cooper follows me. "hey im rusty alright? i haven't had time to skate lately." i say in a joking manner.

"haha! no judgment here dude. go ahead!"

as if i needed his approval, i do what he says and take off. i ollie up a two step ledge, then pump down the ramp on the other side to gain more speed. i use the speed to do a nollie shove it. as i slow down, cooper skates by me and shouts "nice!"

i smile and look to travis, who's watching me while he's petting cricket. i wave at him, and he waves back. suddenly, im falling backwards and onto my butt.

i laugh out loud as i realize what just happened. while i was distracted my board hit a step and propelled me backwards. i stand up and grab my board, still laughing with travis and cooper who both witnessed the event.

- - - -

after a while of skating, we decide to go to the duck pond to rest. noah lays down a large blanket on the grass, and we all take a seat. a minute later travis leans over to me and whispers, "hey, i wanna show you somethin." in my ear.

we (and cricket) walk through the grass to a small playground. travis sits on a swing, and i sit on the one next to him. cricket sits next to me, panting and smiling.

"hey y/n?" he asks, his eyes closed while he gently rocks back and forth in his swing.

"yeah travis?" i say. i notice someone in the distance staring at us, weird.

"i feel like we were both tired last night so i just wanted to be sure, do you really want to be my girlfriend?" he asks innocently, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"of course!" i meant what i said last night. i uh- i like you a lot." i say, my cheeks turning pink.

travis just smiles for a minute, then says "i like you a bunches too."

the person in the distance walks closer, close enough for me to tell she's a tall woman. she looks familiar almost?

she continues walking forward, and cricket stops panting. the hair on the back of his neck raises up, and he growls lightly.

"what is it boy? is it that lady over there? shes alright puppy, its ok." i say in a baby voice.

travis opens his eyes and his face turns white. i notice this, and ask him whats wrong.

"we gotta go y/n." he says, grabbing my wrist. i whistle for cricket to follow, he does so and i grab his leash.

we run-walk back to the duck pond, with the crazy lady following behind us, yelling travis' name. while we're walking i out the pieces together. that must be liana, travis' crazy ex!

we get to the duck pond, but the blanket and other boys are nowhere to be found. travis looks very panicked now. "where'd they go? they were right here!"

"maybe back to the car?" i suggest. we run over to where they parked, and sure enough here they are, putting skate boards and blankets into the trunk. they all look over at us with sly smiles.

"what were you two doin, hmm?" cooper says, wriggling his eyebrows.

"no no, liana is following me and y/n, we gotta go." travis exclaims, and suddenly their expressions change drastically.

"holy fuck travis, you two go to y/n'a car, hurry. she'll probably follow you so dont come back to the house right away, loose her." noah says. he jumps into his car and speeds away while me and travis bolt to my car.

"holy crap man, why does this have to happen every time? i just wanted to hangout with you y/n. im so sorry." he shouts while running.

"please dont worry travis, its not your fault! this is it!" i shout back. i unlock the door with my fob, and hop into the drivers seat. travis lets cricket in on the passenger side, we buckle up, and we're off.