09

「NINE」

「NINE」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

TIME WAS RUNNING OUT QUICKLY. Everyone seemed to know that.

To Adelyn, it seemed like the metronome Deucalion had talked to them about had continuously increased in speed, and didn't intend on slowing down anytime soon. Each time a new body was discovered, there was this sinking feeling in her chest that it was growing closer to the end.

Which it was, and she didn't know if that was supposed to be a good thing or not.

The Alpha pack had been quiet the past couple of days, even though that was slightly intimidating to her, she was glad that she hadn't been forced to interact with them recently.

Ethan and Aiden hadn't used their twin telepathy thing against her, and she wasn't sure if the actually intended to or not. The Tate was quite terrified, to be honest. She had every right to be.

Things in Beacon Hills had gotten so bad that she convinced her father to stay out of town longer. She was staying with Scott, nervous to be alone at her house-considering werewolves tend to break and enter quite a lot.

The teens had found a body at the school, thanks to Lydia, and it was a deputy.

Currently, Adelyn, Scott, and Stiles were speaking to Ethan as Lydia distracted Aiden. It wasn't exactly where Addy wanted to be, more or less, but she'd rather speak to Ethan than Aiden and they needed information from him.

"Why are you even talking to me? I helped kill your friend, how do you know I'm not going to kill another?" Ethan questioned, glancing at Stiles as if he were hinting toward something.

Stiles cocked his head at the threat. "Is he looking at me? Are you threatening me?" The Stilinski asked, making the girl to his left sigh with exasperation. Stiles pushed himself from the wall he was leaning against, "You know what I'm going to do? I'm gonna break off an extra large branch of Mountain Ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it up in mistletoe, and shove it up your freaking-" 

"Woah, woah, Stiles." Scott grabbed the boy, pulling him back. Addy silenced her laugh with her hand. "We get it."

Scott sighed, "We're talking to you because I know that you didn't want to kill Boyd. And I think that if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again." He explained, silently hoping he was right.

Ethan shook his head, "You don't know what we owe them, especially Deucalion. We weren't like Kali and Ennis when we met him. We weren't Alphas."

"What were you?" Scott questioned, not quite understanding.

"Omegas." Adelyn answered, seeing as Ethan stayed silent for a moment.

The Alpha let out a quiet breath before clicking his tongue. "In actual wolf packs, Omegas are the scapegoat. The last to eat, the one who has to take the abuse from the rest of the pack."